Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Sheet Wonder 8x8 Layout

This is the cutting layout I used for the OSW in the 8x8 size.


The easiest way to cut this, is to cut across the top at 5 1/2" so you're cutting off pieces #1,2,3,& waste. Cut those according to the measurements. Then cut the remaining card pieces vertically into sections, then horizontally pieces #4,5,6,7,8/9. Then vertically again for pieces #6,7,8,9. Note: Make sure to cut the waste off of pieces 9 so that they measure 1 1/8"x1 1/8" (I had trouble with that before). I also lightly number the pieces on the back of them to help me keep track of them.

I then decide the card base color, and mats I will need for each. I cut all these and put the pieces and mats together in each card base. I usually end up changing 1 or 2 of the colors later, but it's a good start.

I also write out all the mat measurements before I cut them to help me...I need all the help I can get, it's easy for me to get confused! I have them listed on the cutting layout sheet so I have them for next time too.
This is a picture of the measurements if you would like them...hopefully you can read them if you click on the picture, if not let me know.


***Update: 5/26/11

I had a request for the "Additional Info" showing the mats measurements I used because of this not being readable when printed out...I will post them here in case anyone else needs them! Note: I made a couple of changes to make it a clearer. Measurements are in inches.

Additional Info:

1. Mat 1: 2-3/4 x 2-3/4

2. Mat 1: 2-3/4 x 2; Mat 2: 3 x 2-1/4

3. Mat 1: 2-3/4 x 3-3/8; Mat 2: 3 x 3-5/8

4. Mat 1: 5-1/2 x 2-3/4

5. Mat 1: 5-1/2 x 1-3/4; Sentiment: 1-3/4 x 2-1/4; Mat: 2 x 2-1/2

6. Mat 1: 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 (cut 2) AND 1-1/2 x 2-7/8 (cut 1); Note: I did these all the same color.

7. Cut 2: 1-1/2 x 2-1/4; Mat 1: 3-3/8 x 4-7/8; Mat 2: 3-5/8 x 5-1/8

8. Mat 1: 1-1/2 x 3-1/2

9. Cut 2: 1-1/8 x 1-1/8 (for opposite corners of pattern paper);
Mat 1: 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 (cut 4 total, I did 2 each of different paper); Mat 2: 2-7/8 x 2-7/8; Mat 3: 3 x 3

Kathy

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this posting. Your blog is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I was needing an boost of inspiration tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea for all occassion cards, or any holiday -thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea but for some reason I can't read all the dimensions. Would you consider emailing them to me? I would like to try it asap. Thanks. kurtskd at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a suggestion/my 2 cents worth, LOL:

    I notice you have a little "waste". Even the smallest piece can be used for something, even if it is just a little strip. All scraps can be turned into a fun tree, flower stems, or use a hole punch to make confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely! When I say "waste" it's just not included in the card designs. Believe me, I rarely throw away scraps, especially when it's my favorite designer papers! You can tell by looking at my "Organization of Scraps" post here: http://joyfullymadedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/05/organization-scraps.html Waste not, want not!
    Thanks for your suggestion!
    Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing. What a great idea.
    Consider me a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so I have this correct this one sheet of 12x 12 makes 9 cards of different sizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Benwah,
      This is an 8" x 8" sheet that 9 cards. Kathy

      Delete
  9. What kind of paper is the osw paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any paper you wish for the OSW or create your own using stamps and inks. I've found that smaller prints and 3+ colors look good.

      Delete
  10. The bible quote up at the top couldn't have come at a better time! I can see its been a very long time since you posted this post but wanted to thank you for doing so. Sister in Christ, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!thank you for sharing 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!