Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christmas Bird

Hi there!

I'm back again with another card! As you can see, even though I haven't posted the past few days, I have been busy "working"!

Here's another card using "Seasonal Birds" stamp set from Stampin Up. I love the colors on this card, the bright white and red. I may have to make more of these for Christmas cards this year or something similar. The image is fairly quick to color so it wouldn't be hard to do a few.


I bought these doilies in the bakery supply section of Michaels a while back and I'm finally using them! I LOVE the velvet flowers with this.

Stamps used: Seasonal Birds, Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin Up).
Paper used: solar white (Neenah), old olive, whisper white(SU), ruby slipper (Bazzills).
Ink used: black (Versafine).
Miscellaneous used: classic ovals large & classic scalloped ovals large, doilly, real red & old olive markers (SU), word window punch, modern label punch (SU), petals a plenty EF (SU), flowers (offray), adhesive pearls, Prismacolor pencils.

Note: One thing I wanted to mention is that the doily is round, the image and frame are oval...I'm still working on my camera skills and I'm not sure why this happens.

Thanks for looking! I still have one more card to post hopefully today!

Blessings!

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Here's that bird again. . .different season, same beauty! Lovely work, Kathy! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas card. I didn't even start mine yet. Looks like it will be last minute again, as usual...smile...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!