Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Elphine House Australia Challenge Vintage

Hi everyone!

It's time for a new challenge at Elphine House Australia! This past challenge we had 11 entries!!! That's so awesome! Now we're going for 15!

Elisabeth Bell's images are SO adorable and so special! There's lots to choose from for the challenge! I love every one of them, especially those  with Daisy!

For this next challenge, you need to do a card or project with a "vintage" feel to it! I love vintage, this one was a fun one for me! Here's my take on the challenge:




This stamp is called "Laura Flower Girl" from EHA. She's so sweet and pretty. I wanted to do this in a monotone, I love monotone. I used the pinkish paper (Watercolor Bouquet - K&Co) for the color inspiration. I matched up the colors on the image with my Prismacolor Pencils and blended with mineral spirits. I die cut the image using Spellbinders Labels 9, which I just bought. I love the shape of these dies for framing an image! I stenciled the die cuts with VersaMark wheat (stamp image) and sahara sand (pink die cut). The card base is from my stash that is embossed with the "Ornate Flowers" embossing folder by Sizzix and inked with VersaMark wheat shade.

For all the ingredients:

Stamps: Laura Flower Girl (Elphine House Australia)
Paper: Very vanilla (SU), natural white (Neenah), French Country Stack, gold (DCWV)
Ink: Vintage sepia (VersaFine), wheat and sahara sand (VersaMark).
Accessories: Ornate flowers EF (Sizzix), sponge, medium branch punch (Martha Stewart), ribbon, adhesive pearls, flowers (Michaels), Labdls 9 dies(Spellbinders), pearl string (my stash), Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits.

I hope to see you join us in the EHA Challenge this next 2 weeks! You can use ANY Elisabeth Bell stamp or image! The winner receives their choice of 2 EHA Stamps!!! You can read all about it here. Blessings!
K
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. What a great card Kathy ;o)
    I love the colors you used ..

    Hugs, Janneke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!