Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Our Daily Bread Design's Shining the Light Challenge - ODBDSL102 - Favorite ODBD Stamp Set

Happy Saturday everyone!

It's time for another challenge at ODBD!

This week's challenge:

 Today marks the last March Anniversary challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.  Since we are celebrating the Anniversary of Our Daily Bread Designs, why not end our Anniversary challenges with your favorite stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs!!!  We can't wait to see your ODBD creations!!
To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, April 6th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.
While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on most of our challenges, this month it is an Our Daily Bread Designs only challenge month in honore of the ODBD 4th Anniversary.  Three or more of our participants will be chosen for the  Shining the Light Award .  In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, April 6th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC102. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.





Here is my card for the challenge! It's hard to pick just one stamp set (I love them all), but this one has been on my mind lately. I love this quote! I decided to make a slider card using the Fleur de Lis Shapeabilities Pendants Die. It's small and delicate, but I like the way it came out!   I love these violet blue colors too!  I think I'm just going to keep it at my craft desk for a pretty reminder of God's Love. 

For ingredients used:

Stamps: God's Love (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Pear Pizzazz (Stsmpin' Up), Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Onyx Black(VersaFine), Almost Amethyst (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Sponge, ribbon (Michaels' Celebrate It), piercer, flower(Recollections), charm(RAK from Sabrina), brad, adhesive pearls(Recollections), burst punch (Fiskers), Frond punch (Martha Stewart), Fanciful Flourish (Cheery Lynn Designs), Spellbinders' Dies: Labels One, Fleur de Lis Shapeabilities Pendant, Parisian Accents, Floral Ovals

For more inspiration on the challenge, please visit my DT Sisters and see their awesome creations!



I'm also submitting this the to latest Stampin' Sister's in Christ Challenge #132 .  Here is the Bible Verse.

SCRIPTURE:
Romans 8:31b-32 "If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but handed him over for us all, how will he not also give us everything else along with him?”

CHALLENGE:
create a card or project that uses everything! The opposite of a CAS - toss on the embellishments and/or different papers, textures.

I can't do CAS anyway, so this one is EASY!!! 

That's it for now! I hope to see you join in the challenge! There's lots of beautiful ODBD stamp sets to choose from!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings!

Kathy

13 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, Kathy, this is gorgeous! Amazing design! Hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow, Kathy, my friend you have outdone yourself with this beauty! I absolutely LOVE everything about it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,wow, wow, Kathy, I ditto what Sabrina says.....I'm not sure if its the colour (which I love) or all the fancy ribbon, Cherry Lynn die, or if its just the pure BEAUTY of the whole thing!! But I love it!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kathy! I can't do CAS either!! lol... This is a masterpiece! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, Kathy, Beautiful card! I love to see that Cheery Lynn die, I'm hoping they have it at the craft show next week...It's been on my wish list for along time, and you always do such a lovely job adding it to your cards. I know what you mean about a CAS card, I usually have a hard time with those too...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy!!! Uber lovely!!! I love how you made a slider card with the spellbinders fleur de lis AND the colors are so pretty!! The Lord Jesus loves you sooooo much:) Be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy!!
    You are so precious!!! Thanks so very much for coming by what looked like was Beyond Measure. That's the one that we initially created but then the Lord led me to another company---if you ever have time to drop by---it would be a privilege to have you as you are so very special!!! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... this is beyond gorgeous, kathy!! what a stunning creation!! have a wonderful weekend... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Artfully tasteful and love your pure white with blue!! I would leave this on my desk too~:) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy, thank you for taking the time to wish me luck in the HC design team final. You have some beautiful work displayed on your blog. I also wish you luck and who knows we may be working together soon. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kathy. . .this is stunning!! Love the intricacy of the die cuts, the layers, the color combinations, that GORGEOUS blue flower and how you've pulled it all together into an easel card!! Work of art, dear sister-stick!! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, this is amazing. I love the shape and delicateness of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!