Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Frosty Ornament - Heartfelt Creations

Happy Wednesday!

Today I have an ornament I made with the new Frosty Blanket Collection.







This time I used some of the blue designer papers and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I love the the pretty contrast of the blue and white and decided to make the flowers the same way.  So simple to make these, and so pretty! 

I used recycled cardboard packaging inbetween the papers for the ornament to give it some stability.  Here's a picture of the back.






I'm not sure I used the right paper for the back of it to show the sentiment, but it's such pretty paper!    I love the flowers on this with the blue designer paper and the white embossing, so simple to do and it comes out very pretty!

Please visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog for more inspiration from the Design Team this week!

I'm also entering this in the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #43
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #154 - use punches, dies, or shapes

Blessings!

Kathy




Frosty Ornament

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3415-1 – Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set
HCPC 3493 – Yuletide Sentiments PreCut Set
HCPC 3491 – Holiday Haven PreCut Set
HCPC 3490 – Holiday Mail PreCut Set
HCDP1 – 225 – Frosty Blanket Paper Collection
Product ID: 125126 – Layered Poinsettia Die
Product ID:159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID:459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit

Other Products Used:
Paper: Capers (Bazzills)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), VersaMark
Accessories: Recycled cardboard, Heirloom Ornament 2010 Die (Spellbinders), white gel pen, White Embossing Powder (SU), Detail Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous), heat tool, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz, lace trim (RAK – Sabrina), adhesive pearls, Nestabling (Want-2-Scrap), string, glue, Bow-Easy

Instructions:
Ornament base: On blue designer paper, randomly stamp poinsettia flower, branch (Holiday Mail), swirl (Holiday Haven) with VersaMark and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder.  With Black Ink on a piece  of matching designer paper, stamp sentiment and heat emboss with Detail Clear Embossing Powder.    Cut an ornament out of each of the papers with the largest die from the Heirloom 2010 Die.  Cut a piece of cardboard with same die and ink edges with black ink.  Glue the 3 pieces together with the cardboard in the middle.  Add dots around the edge of the blue paper with a white gel pen.

On a piece of blue designer paper, stamp 2 extra small flowers, 1 small flower, and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder.  On Capers cardstock, stamp a medium flower with Black Ink.  Cut all flower with match dies.  Add one of the extra small flowers to the ornament as shown and assemble remaining pieces to make a flower.  Add pearls and Nestabling as shown on front and back.  Make bow with Bow-Easy and adhere string, bow, and flower to ornament as shown.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful ornament!!! Great colors and I love the poinsettia in blue!!, I have 2 posts today and my blog is a year old today! LOL!! Hugs and blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are REALLY pretty, Kathy! I think the white lace you've used to accent them in just perfect. Not too heavy, and super elegant. Great job, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing this at Word Art Wednesday. It's always a pleasure to see your gorgeous art shared with us.
    Have a blessed week.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning design for your ornament Kathy! I love this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ornament!! Both sides are equally pretty! It would look fantastic on either the tree or a package!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo so very, very pretty! My favorite is the blue and white one -- simply gorgeous!
    (Shoregirl - guest designer at Word Art Wednesday for the month of August)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! Really like the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy - This is pure elegance! The blue and white is so classic, makes me think of Dresden china. I love how you gave instructions on how you made this gem! I've never heard of this particular company but you have used their products beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ this week.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ornaments are GORGEOUS! Makes me wish Christmas was here already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!