Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ODBDSLC125 - Fall Colors & a Verse

Happy Tuesday!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!  This week's challenge is to use fall colors and a verse.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, October 14th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, October 14th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC125. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.


Here's my take on the challenge this week:


 
 
For more inspiration, please visit the other designers' blogs for their beautiful creations.  We also have a new guest designer for October, Bridget Finlay, whose creations are always gorgeous!

 
 
  •  
     
    Card recipe:
     
    Stamps: Friendship, Get Well (Our Daily Bread Designs
    Paper: Sunshine (My Mind's Eye), Capers (Bazzill)
    Ink: VersaMark, Gingerbread (VersaMagic), Amaretto (Powder Puffs)
    Accessories: Chenille fibers (stash), Elegant Scrollwork Die (Memory Box), Old Fashioned Olive Embossing Powder (SU), wood heart button, buttons, bead spacer (Michaels), adhesive pearls (Kaiser Craft)
     
    I'm submitting this to the latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge #48.
     
    Hope you can join in the challenge this week!  Thanks for stopping by!
     
     
    Blessings!
     
    Kathy
     

     
    

    9 comments:

    1. Kathy this is gorgeous with the fall colours...I love the swirly butterfly, die cuts, and gorgeous fall colours bow!!
      Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is gorgeous Kathy!! I just love the fall colors, the plaid background, the sparkly dragonfly, and your flourishes and bow treatment. Stunning!
      hugs,
      Chris

      ReplyDelete
    3. I just love the harvest colors you've used on this, Kathy. It turned out beautifully. Also, I wanted to let you know that I posted a card on my blog today using one of the swirls you sent me. I inked it light green, and I really like it, so THANK YOU once again. I appreciate how you support WAW sharing your beautiful cards with us, Kathy. May God bless you for being a blessing to me and to so many others.
      Karen L
      Word Art Wednesday

      ReplyDelete
    4. What a beautiful card! I love how you've stamped on the designer paper.

      Thanks so much for sharing with us @ Word Art Wednesday!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Kathy, this is such a beautiful card! I love the flourishes!

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is such a great and inspiring card. I love the use of brown shades and the DP's are perfect. Thanks for blessing us with your card at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs!

      JO ANN
      http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    7. another beautiful card, kathy! love how you paired the swirly die cuts with the butterfly image and that bow is gorgeous! hugs!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Man Kathy this is amazing!!! I love the fall colors!

      ReplyDelete
    9. This is so beautiful, Kathy. Love the CAS design, the warm, rich feel and the wispy details that coordinate so well with the stamp set. Beautiful work!!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!