Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Heartfelt Creations - Dahlia Bouquet Album




Happy Wednesday!

Today I have a 6" x 6" album using Heartfelt Creations' beautiful stamps, papers and dies!  Here's the front and side.




Click on the photo for a better view

I purchased this Book Binding Album at Hobby Lobby for $7.99, which I thought was a pretty good deal!  It has 8 heavy-duty pages with plenty of space for embellishments inbetween. 






For the inside of the album,  I used corner sections of the designer papers and matched them with journal blocks.  I also added solid color mats for some of the journal blocks if they needed it.  Here are photos of the inside.  These aren't very good photos, but I thought it might help you if you wanted to make one of these.  You can also add lots of embellishments inside if you want to!  (You can click on any of the photos for a closer view.)







 




Aren't these designer papers gorgeous?  I just love these!!! 

Well, that's my project for today,I hope you like it and it gives you some inspiration!  Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see the all the designers beautiful creations this week!


I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #91 - Anything Goes.

Blessings!

Kathy



Dahlia Bouquet Album
Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3545 – Open Leaf PreCut Set
HCPC 3550 – Dahlia Bouquet PreCut Set
HCPC 3524 – Butterfly & Bunny PreCut Set
HCD 736 – Classic Leaf Die
HCD 737 – Ornate Gateway Die
HCD 708 – Decorative Window Scene Die
HCD 702 – Decorative Butterfly Border
HCDP1 235 – Burst of Splendor Paper Collection
Product ID: 159723 – Art Institute Glue – Dries Clear
Product ID: 452255 – Grand Calibur
Product ID: 368770 – Scor-Pal

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Perfect Plum (SU), purple and tan cardstock, light green pattern paper
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Elderberry (Momento), Mocha Mama (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Olive Wrinkled Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy, 6” x 6” Book Binding Album (Farm House Paper Co/Hobby Lobby), pearl brad, Scor-tape, sponge, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Kelp Green, Marine Green, Violet, Black Cherry, Black Grape, Dioxazine Purple Hue

Instructions:
Use designer papers to cover front and back cover, binding and album pages using Scor-tape close to the edges of the papers.  Measurements for cutting:

Covers: 2 @ 6-1/4” x 6-1/2”
Binding: 1 @ 1-5/8” x 6-1/2”

Pages: 18 @ 5-5/8” x 6”
Ink edges with Mocha Mama before taping.  Cut journal blocks from coordinating designer papers and add to pages with pop dots.  Add purple or tan mats measuring 3-3/16” x 4-3/16” if desired.

Front cover: Stamp flower image, butterfly and leaves on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink.  Color all with pencils (only the butterfly needs to be colored from the image).  Fussy cut flowers and butterfly.  Die cut Decorative Window Die and Ornate Gateway Die using Perfect Plum Cardstock.  Ink edges with Elderberry Ink.  Add journal block (purple dahlias on all 4 sides) behind window, trim excess and glue to the back of the window.  Add to cover with pop dots.  Add Ornate Gateway piece below window and glue down.  Add flowers and leaves with pop dots as shown.  Shape butterfly and glue as shown.  Stamp sentiment words on designer paper with Onyx Black, cut out and ink edges with Mocha Mama.  Add to Journal block with pop dots.  Die cut 2 corner flourishes from the Decorative Butterfly Border Die using a light green designer paper and add to the two left corners as shown.  Add bow and pearl brad.


 

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project!! Love every page and the details are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mini album is so beautifully created! You've made each and every page a joy to see. This is one of the best uses of HC papers I've seen. Thank you so much for your paper crafting talents...and for being willing to share your projects. Love this album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Album...with a lot of your heart and special touches going into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant and so beautifully executed. I love the way you varied the layout of the pages, yet the whole thing just flows together. Beautiful, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous, whimsical and elegant album, Kathy. Your work amazes me and I'm always in awe looking at your art. Thank you so much for sharing it in our challenge and giving us all the opportunity to enjoy your gifts. Just lovely!
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy:
    P.S. I don't know if you do blog hops, but.....just in case you're interested, we're celebrating the 1st Birthday at Paper Sweeties this weekend, and there is an AWESOME prize being offered if you'd like to hop. You can either stop by my blog or the Paper Sweeties blog to get started. Just thought I'd mention it!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just a stunning creations:) I love everything about it!x
    hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project! Love every page and the details are so pretty!
    Danica x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is just gorgeous, lovely colors for the outside and framing and title. the papers inside are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!