Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sweet Love Birdcage & Frame



Happy Wednesday everyone!



Today I have another CottageCutz project for you!  This time I have a card using 2 new dies from the Sweet Love Release, Sweet Love Birdcage and Sweet Love Frame.




Wouldn't this be perfect for a Valentine's Day Card?  I love the pink and brown color combo together with cream.

I die cut the birdcage with Natural White and Early Espresso card stock, trimmed the Natural White bird and "love" pieces from the main die cut, and inked them with Victorian Velvet Ink.  I then glued them over the Early Espresso die cut so they would stand out.




The frame was cut with Natural White and Concerto card stock.  I used the Natural White inside piece for the inside of the frame, inking it with Victorian Velvet.  I popped the birdcage on the frame and them popped the frame on a piece of Early Espresso card stock.

The card base is made with Early Espresso card stock.  The Natural White mat is stamped with a "love you" sentiment (Short & Sweet - Stampin Up) in Dark Chocolate Ink then wrapped with Ivory Pleated Satin Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon) with trim (Jo-Ann's) glued down the center of it. I popped both mats on the base with pop dots, then added a pretty bow with a pearl brad over the center to finish the card.

For my card, I used the Sweet Love Birdcage and the Sweet Love Frame CottageCutz Dies.



I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #116 - Anything Goes

Card recipe:

Stamp: Short & Sweet (SU)
Paper: Natural White (Neenah), Early Espresso (SU), Concerto (Coredinations)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (Palette), Victorian Velvet (Ranger)
Accessories: Ribbon (Michaels), trim (Jo-Ann's), brad (Recollections), Ivory Pleated Satin Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this frame die-cut, it's SO delicate and pretty. I also really love this pink and brown combo. Super sweet, Kathy. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card in our challenge.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what you make Kathy it comes out stunning. You have such an elegant touch when you make your beautiful creations. I love this pretty ribbon you have to match the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Beautiful! My favorite color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is so beautiful. I love the color combo and all your die-cut elements are super duper fantastic. I also love your lay-out. This is so gorgeous, I tell ya! So glad you shared your wonderful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We started a new Challenge so, hope you come join us again. Leaving you with God's Word in Galatians 5:1, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

    God bless always,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!