Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Festive Candlelight - Heartfelt Creations


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little Heartfelt Creations inspiration!  I have another Christmas card for you this week, this time using the Festive Candlelight Set!




I stamped the image on white card stock and colored it with pencils and mineral spirits.  I stamped an extra image, colored only the flower and fussy cut it to add a little depth to the image.  I die cut the image using Labels 28 and die cut a mat from the designer papers using Decorative Labels 28. Here's a little close up of the image for you.




For the background mat, I used the beautiful Festive Christmas papers making sure to have the flowers on the papers in 2 of the corners.  To finish the card I used ribbons and adhesive pearls.

Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #147 - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Festive Candlelight

HCPC 3623 - Festive Candlelight PreCut Set
HCPC 3551 - Holly Berry PreCut Set
HCDP1 245 - Festive Christmas Paper Collection
088605 - Decorative Labels 28
452255 - Grand Calibur
368770 - Scor-Pal
DDOTS - Double Dots
Other Products:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Rain Forest (Bazzills)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Wheat (VersaMagic), Frayed Burlap Distress Ink (Ranger), Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories: Labels 28 (Spellbinders), Jute Ribbon Natural, Havana Brown Seam Binding, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), button, burgundy fiber, adhesive pearls, glue dots, pop dots, mineral spirits, Prismacolor pencils: Mahogany Red, Black Raspberry, Henna, Tuscan Red, Prussian Green, Dark Green, Black, Sand, Cream, Jasmine, Goldenrod, Chocolate, Cool Grey 90%.

Instructions: Make card base with Rain Forest measuring 4 11/16" x 6 1/4". Cut designer paper (pictured) down to 4 1/2" x 6 1/16", stamp sentiment (Holly Berry Set) with Soft Suede on lower left and ink edges with Frayed Burlap Ink. Add Natural Ribbon Jute across mat as shown and secure in place. Add mat to card base using pop dots. Stamp Festive Candlelight image on Solar White with Onyx Black twice. Using pencils and mineral spirits, color one entire image and color the flower only on the other. Die cut the full image with Labels 28 and ink edges with Wheat Ink. Fussy cut the flower only from the second image. Add flower to full image as pictured using pop dot and glue dot. Add “Heart of Gold” Prills to flower center using Art Institute Glue Dries Clear. Add adhesive pearls to top right corner. Thread burgundy fiber in green button and secure. Make 3 loop bow with Havana Brown Seam Binding using Bow-Easy Tool. Add as shown with glue dots and button in center. 

14 comments:

  1. Incredible card. I love it!
    Danica xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, that gorgeous bow really sets it off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Beautiful image and beautiful warm colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this is just simply elegant. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, beautiful card, love this image colouring is beautiful as is your ribbon and layout.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely elegant Christmas card and a treasure anyone would love to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful details on this gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, I can't believe this is a stamped, colored image! It looks so professional and perfectly shaded. You really are an artist. The touch of burlap is wonderful, and as always, your bows are amazing! Totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully colored! I love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card!! Your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO pretty, Kathy. Your cards always amaze me, and I love this one with the soft touches along with the burlap - it's just wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I first saw this card on Facebook...I didn't even have to see the name and knew it was your card...after seeing your beautiful signature bow! Another winner here for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are a lot of Christmas cards done all year long. I love most of them but this is one that will stand with the best of them. The image and its coloring is outstanding as are the papers and design. What stuck me as stand alone were the bow and the frayed burlap. The frayed burlap is an eye catcher and actually brings the eye to both the sentiment, bow and the image. Excellent work. - Jim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!