Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Majestic Blooms Box - Heartfelt Creations


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!  Today I have a pre-made gift box I bought at Michaels that I decorated with designer papers from the Raindrops on Roses Collection, Majestic Morning flowers and Burst of Spender leaves!




Here's a better view of the top with the beautiful flowers!




Here's a peek at the inside which I also covered with the designer papers.




Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!  There is also a sneak peek of the new Sunflower Collection coming out September 10th!  Heartfelt Creations has also announced the list of Semifinalists for the design team!!!  Congratulations to all the Semifinalists!  Make sure to vote for your favorite top 5 and be eligible to win a gift certificate!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #148 - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting today!

Blessings!

Kathy


Majestic Blooms Box

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3578 - Majestic Morning Background PreCut Set
HCPC 3546 - Classic Leaf PreCut Set
HCD 742 - Majestic Blooms Die
HCD 736 - Classic Leaf Die
HCD 743 - Raindrops on Roses Die
HCDP1 240 - Raindrops on Roses Paper Collection
452255 - Grand Calibur
459222 - McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
159223 - McGill Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Other Products:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Peeled Paint Distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko), glue gun, splat mat (Darice), Mod Podge, White 1/4" Silk Ribbon (May Arts), Bow-Easy Tool, 1/5" White Netting, String Beads Pearlized (Really Reasonable Ribbon), adhesive pearls, Diamond Stickles (Ranger), 3.75" White Gift Box (Michaels), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Clay Rose, Rosy Beige, Black Cherry.

Instructions: Measure your pre-made box and trim the designer papers to fit each side of the box and lid both inside and out. For my box, I used the 12" x 12" sheet with roses in each of the 4 corners. I trimmed each corner, inked the edges with Peeled Paint Ink and glued to the box using Mod Podge. Use coordinating papers for the box inside, lid inside and sides using same process. For the top of the lid, I used the card front in the designer paper that matches the 12" x 12" image in a smaller version (3 5/8" square) and added it using same process. Die cut the Raindrops on Roses Die lattice piece with white card stock and glue to the lid top.

Stamp the Majestic Morning Background on Solar White with Onyx Black and color with pencils and mineral spirits. I used 9 of the 12 flowers for mine (2 of the smallest and 1 each of the next 7 sizes) to create 3 separate flowers in different sizes. Use the mat and tool kit to shape the flowers and glue them together using a glue gun for extra hold. Stamp 2 of the Classic Leaf open stems on Solar White using Onyx Black, die cut with Class Leaf Die and ink with Peeled Paint. Shape and pinch leaves with your fingers. Add stems and flowers to lid as pictured using glue gun. Add string beads, netting piece (tie across middle with string to form a fake bow) and a multi-loop bow using glue gun. Add adhesive pearls, stickles as desired. Spray with Sparkle Shimmer Spritz as desired.

11 comments:

  1. This is sooooo gorgeous! Your work is always so professional and precise....I'm always inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful box. Your flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS, Kathy! I can't believe that you can take a plain old box and make it look this fabulous. Your art never ceases to amaze me. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this in our challenge. What a treat.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Kathy, fantastic decorated box, beautiful papers and those gorgeous flowers, what a gift this would make.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Kathy!!! Those flowers are so beautiful!! I think I am going to have to get mine back out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Kathy. Love the floral papers and the flowers. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is just beautiful, your flowers are perfect and it looks wonderful inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This box is super pretty...Love the lush flowers that is so perfectly decorating this box. Awesome job! We appreciate you joining last week and would love for you to play with us again this week at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with Hebrews 12:2 which says, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this? It is absolutely gorgeous! I love that you even lined the inside. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this is GORGEOUS !!! I am trying to figure out how you lined the inside so perfectly with those matching papers. It's beautiful inside & out & I am off to see if I can find a little box to practice on ... LOVE it !!!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!