Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Hanging Monkeys


Happy Wednesday!

This week I have another card made with Heartfelt Creations' Monkeying Around Collection! These little monkeys are so cute!




The images are all colored with pencils and mineral spirits and cut with the matching dies. Being able to die cut them makes it easy and fun to put scenes together! The papers used for the mat, oval and sentiment were all taken from the Monkeying Around Paper Collection.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #274-275 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Hanging Monkeys

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3777 - Palm Tree & Monkeys Cling
HCPC 3779 - Monkey Antics Cling
HCD1 7132 - Palm Tree & Monkey Die
HCD1 7134 - Monkey Antics Die
HCD1 776 - Eyelet Oval Die
HCDP 276 - Monkeying Around Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
SMP001 - Stamp Mat Pad
Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, White (Recollections), Early Espresso (Stampin Up); Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Quick Quotes Java, Green Tea; Accessories: mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Sepia, Espresso, Black, Putty Beige, Pink Rose, Olive Green, Sand, Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots, tape, die cutting machine, button, Brown Burlap String, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon)

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 7/8". Cut white cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 7/8", score at 4 1/4" and fold to make card base. Cut Early Espresso 4 1/16" x 5 11/16". Cut green designer paper 3 7/8" x 5 1/2", ink edges with Green Tea Ink and glue to Early Espresso mat. Wrap piece of Brown Burlap String around left side from top to bottom three times and adhere on back with tape. Add mats to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Die cut yellow designer paper using oval from Eyelet Oval Die, ink edges with Java Ink and adhere to card with Scotch Mounting Tape.

On Solar White with Onyx Black Ink stamp palm tree and swinging monkey from Palm Tree & Monkeys Cling and two monkey images shown from Monkey Antics Cling. Color images with pencils and mineral spirits. Die cut images with matching dies and add images to oval using Scotch Mounting Tape.

Trim sentiment from designer paper, ink edges with Java Ink and curl using a pen and fingers. Glue down as pictured tucking right side under monkey. Make a multi-loop bow with Brown Burlap String using Bow-Easy Tool and add to card using glue dots. Thread string in button and add to bow center using glue dots.

4 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable. Those little monkeys swinging in the tree branches just steal my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! Great post, I enjoyed reading your verses and testimony! Love the card too, great coloring and die! Thanks for joining in and sharing your art with us at word Art Wednesday! Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so precious! I hope to go to a stamp show in two weeks (where Heart Felt will have a display) These stamps are going to be on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!