Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Birthday Petunias


Happy Wednesday!

It's the second Wednesday of the month which means it's time for the release of the new Heartfelt Creations collection! This month we have the Classic Petunia Collection!

For my card I used the Classic Petunia Paper Collection for the card panel and added petunias and leaves from the Small Classic Petunia Set and a hanging plant from the Classic Petunia Bouquet Set.





I color the images with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. They were added to the card panel using a combination of glue and Scotch Mounting Tape to give varying height.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week! What a talented bunch they are for sure!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #282-283 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Birthday Petunias

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3785 - Small Classic Petunia Set
HCPC 3787 - Classic Petunia Bouquet Set
HCD1-7139 - Classic Petunia Small Die
HCD1-7141 - Classic Petunia Bouquet Die
HCDP1 278 - Classic Petunia Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, Stampin Up Lavender Lace; Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black; Accessories: half pearls, water mister, Scotch Mounting Tape, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Lavender Lace, Parma Violet, Dioxazine Purple Hue, Page Sage, Prussian Green, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Burnt Ochre, Chocolate

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". Cut white cardstock 8 1/2" x 6 1/4", score at 4 1/4" and fold to make card base. Cut Lavender Lace 4 1/8" x 6 1/8", cut designer paper panel pictured 4" x 6", glue pieces together and add to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp flowers and leaves from Small Classic Petunia Set and hanging plant from Classic Petunia Bouquet Set on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink. Color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Die cut with matching dies from Classic Petunia Small Die Set and Classic Petunia Bouquet Die Set. Shape flowers and leaves by lightly misting on back and shaping with the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Glue 3 leaves to the back of 3 of the flowers. Adhere hanging plant as pictured using Scotch Mounting Tape and glue. Arrange flowers above plant and adhere with glue and Scotch Mounting Tape as desired.

Brush all stamped flowers and flowers on designer paper with Clear Wink of Stella and sprinkle with Shell White Glitter. Add 3 flat back pearls to bottom left.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, love this card...the hanging basket is a winner! Inky hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Loving the color of your petunias!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I'm so impressed with your attention to detail. I've never attempted a card like this because I don't have the patience. It's just lovely! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday!
    Blessings,
    Misty D
    WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring and design! Love this! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful coloring Kathy, loving your petunias.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy!
    I hope that all is well with you, and that God is helping you settle in to your "new normal". I prayed for you today. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely art in our challenge, Kathy. May God continue to bless and keep you.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!