Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Italiana Riviera Tile Coasters


Happy Wednesday!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Forth of July yesterday! We had a great time with family and friends!

Today I have a simple gift you can make using tiles from the home improvement store and stamps and inks.






These are a set of four tiles that I simply tied ribbon around and added a tag for gift giving. Here you can see how the tile looks. I did each with the same image.




For the back of the tiles I used cork backing which you can see here.






I've made a bunch of these in the past for gifts and also made single tiles with gift packaging to sell at crafts fairs. You can see previous posts for these here and here.

I hope these give you a little inspiration for gift ideas. This image is perfect for giving to a friend for a house warming gift.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week.

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #290-291 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Italiana Riviera Tile Coasters

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCDP1-259 - Italiaan Riviera Paper Collection
HCD1-745 - Luggage and Tags Die

Other Products: Ink: Staz-On Jet Black, Olive Green, Royal Purple, Saddle Brown; Accessories: purple sheer ribbon, natural twine, sand paper, 4 Tumbled Marble 4" x 4" Noce Tiles (Home Depot), make up applicators, cork Con-Tact self-adhesive, Staz-On cleaner, steel ruler, cutting mat, paper towels, craft knife

Instructions: Sand rough edges of tiles, clean off dust with water, wipe dry and let dry overnight. Stamp sentiment from Italiana Riviera Set on top of each tile and Italiana Grape Cluster image on bottom using Jet Black Staz-On Ink. (Note: Apply reinker to ink pad before stamping to make sure ink pad is very juicy when stamping.) Let tiles dry overnight or heat set well with a heat gun.

Using Staz-On inks and make-up applicators, dab colors on tiles to color images. I use paper towels to dab off excess ink before applying to tile and then go back and add more color to shadows. After coloring is completed, bake tiles at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Let tiles cool.

Cut cork sheet into 3 5/8" squares using cutting mat, metal ruler and craft knife. Adhere cork squares to backs of tiles.

Create these in a group of 4 for gift giving. Cut a piece of sheer ribbon and tie the group of tiles together.

For the tag, die cut the pre-made label from the Italiana Riviera Paper Collection using the matching die from Luggage and Tags Die Set. Ink the edges of the tag with Saddle Brown Ink and tie to ribbon with twine.

8 comments:

  1. love these tiles, what a great idea Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Kathy...there's no end to your creativity, and this is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us. I always SO enjoy seeing your handiwork.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cool, I love the coloring you did with just makeup sponges, love the color of the tiles too, Lovely and thanks for sharing the details on how you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kathy...I love these beautiful tiles! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the directions. These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!