Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Secret Garden Quilt Card


Happy Thursday!

Today I have a quilt card I made for my sister's birthday.  I kept the embellishments to a minimum so I wouldn't be covering up the pretty star pattern.  (Don't look too closely though...I have a little to much spacing between some pieces.)




I made the top quilt piece for this last year with my crafting buddy in California, Brenda.  Sure do miss us crafting together on Thursday nights... :-(  Brenda had a bunch of patterns from her quilting (fabric) folder and we decided on this one here.




We're not sure where this came from so I don't know who to give credit to if needed.  Basically, we cut 1" squares for each block and cut the pieces diagonally for the half squares.  Brenda had a 1" square punch which makes it a lot easier than using a paper cutter.  I can't get perfect 1" squares with my cutter.

This is the same technique I used on my Christmas Quilt Card here back in 2011.  The Quilted Card Technique is originally from Split Coast Stampers in the Resources section here.  It's a fun technique if you want to try it out!

Here's the inside of the card, just a simple sentiment.




Card recipe:

Stamps: Well Scripted (SU)
Paper: Tan, off-white (Recollections), Secret Garden  Patterns & Solids (Graphic 45)
Ink: Soft Suede (SU) for sentiment, Antique Linen Distress (Ranger) for sponging
Accessories: Button, peach floss, Cream Seam Binding, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (SU), Labels One, Decorative Labels One (Spellbinders), SU Grid Paper.

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #152 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I like the colors that you chose. I'm a big fan of quilt cards, and I have used that tutorial from SCS to make one myself. I have to go looking for it on my blog...I can't remember what I made anymore. smile
    I feel for you...I miss my Thursday night crafting buddies so much when I can't do my weekly crafting with them. In fact, tonight will be one of those nights...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card inside and out. Love quilts but have never tried to do one. A card might be just the way to go. Nice job. Great color choices by the way. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another totally gorgeous creation for Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate you so much and LOVE your artwork. Thanks again for joining in.
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy...I love both your cards...the Christmas one especially..., and thanks for sharing the pattern...thats the hardest thing to figure out sometimes.....

    great idea for Christmas... I got to get started on them Christmas cards...have alot to do
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Kathy, love the beautiful card for your sister, sounds a lot of work but so worth it, love the colours and design.
    think I would have used my 1" dies..LOL
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pattern is so nostalgic as you have portrayed it on your card front. Thank you for posting your art with us this week during our 152nd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Hoping you have a fine, fun day, full of glorious giggles, with buckets of blessings from Heaven as you work, and play.
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quilt design. The colors you used are beautiful! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!