Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Heartfelt Creations - Festive Doorway Card

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Today I have a Christimas card using one of my favorite Christmas stamps from Heartfelt Creations. 





The main image on this is the Festive Yuletide Doorway Set.  This is such a beautiful set!  I did lots of coloring on this one with my pencils and mineral spirits...what I love to do!  The sentiment I used in from the Holiday Haven Set.  I did lots of fussy cutting on this to give it added dimension which you can see in this side picture.






The image is beautiful without the fussy cutting, but I thought it would be fun to make it special!

I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #58.
Also, to the TLC398 Challenge at Split Coast Stampers to "All a Little Dimension".

Blessings!

Kathy



Festive Doorway

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3491 – Holiday Haven PreCut Set
HCPC 3415-1 Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set
HCPC 3489 – Festive Yuletide Doorway PreCut Set
HCD 725 – Decorative Metal Fixtures Die
Product ID: 125156 – Layered Poinsettia Shapeabilities
HCDP1225 – Frosty Blanket Paper Collection
Product ID:159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID:459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art InstituteGlue – Dries Clear
SF03602 - Prismacolor Pencil Set 120pc.
Product ID: 741 - Shell White Microfine Glitter

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Palo Verde, Capers (Bazzills), Bravo Burgundy (SU)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Amaretto, Midnight Confession (Powder Puffs), VersaMark, Perfect Plumeria (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Bow-Easy, Olive Wrinkled Ribbon, Detailed Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Labels 18 (Spellbinders), distressing tool, pop dots, glue dots, adhesive pearls (Recollections & Want 2 Scrap), Champagne Microbeads (Recollections), heat tool, sponge, makeup applicator,  Branches with Leaves & Flowers Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Prismacolor Pencils: White, Chocolate, Dark Brown, Kelp Green, Peach, Beige, Mahogany Red, Black Raspberry, Dark Umber

Instructions:
Base: With Capers cardstock, but 11” x 5 1/2", score at 5 1/2", and fold.  For mat, cut Bravo Burgundy 5 1/4" x 5 1/4”, emboss with folder, distress edges, and ink with Bravo Burgundy.  Wrap ribbon around, tape in place, and add to base with pop dots.

Image: Stamp door image on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink 3 times.  Color one completely with pencils.   For snow apply Art Institute Glue and Shell White Art Glitter.  Trim image as shown to fit on card, distress edges, and ink with Amaretto.   On the second image, color the sled, bow, 3 flowers on wreath, bunny, ivy leaves, and bird at bottom, then fussy cut these images. On third image, “color” the snow with the glitter on the doorknob and above the door, then fussy cut these images.  Add all cut images to main image with pop dots.  Add Champagne Microbeads to the wreath flower centers with glue.
Stamp sentiment (Holiday Haven) on Palo Verde paper with Onyx Black Ink and heat emboss with Detail Clear Embossing Power.  Die cut with Labels 18 die.  Die cut metal fixture from Bravo Burgundy paper, slip sentiment in it as shown, glue together, glue to image, and add adhesive pearls.

For the flower, on Solar White with Black Onyx Ink stamp 2 of the smallest flowers from Petite Poinsettia Set and heat emboss with Detail Clear.  Color with Perfect Plumeria Ink and make up applicator, and darken with Black Raspberry Pencil.  Die cut with matching dies and shape with tool kit and mat.  For the leaves, Stamp 3 of the third smallest flower on Palo Verde paper with Onyx Black Ink and heat emboss with Detail Clear Embossing Powder.  Die cut and shape.  Glue all together as shown and add adhesive pearls.  Make bow and add to card with flower.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful winter scenery! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is drop dead gorgeous!!! I totally love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so pretty!!! the Colours, the details and the design. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy...this is STUNNING!! my heart just did a thump...actually I think I have to go find it...somewhere.....But oh my...what a beauty of a card!! wow!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderfully sweet, Kathy. I really like how you showed the side view with the door/image being raised up off the base. The sweet cranberry color is the perfect accent and really makes it POP with beautiful color. Your cards always bless and amaze me. THanks for sharing this in our challenge this week. I always LOVE seeing your sweet cards, and this one is TO DIE FOR beautiful!
    Have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, this is stunning. I love your amazing coloring - and the colors that you chose. So many wonderful layers and details, and I love the fussy cutting too! Hugs and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy I was here early yesterday as I wanted to tell you how beautiful this is but your post wasn't up yet so now I am late...lol I love the deep beautiful pink color on this. It's amazing.
    Bear hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Lovely! Great job with all that cutting. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! I love your coloring and the fussy cutting really makes the card stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I have resisted this stamp but I might have to get it after Christmas. I do love the creations you have made with it. Beautiful work. have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas with your family Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!