Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Monday, December 24, 2012

ODBDSLC136 - Anything Goes

Happy Monday!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs! 

This week's challenge is for two weeks!!

The challenge is:

Anything Goes with Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps



To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, January 7th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Breadstamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, January 7th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC136. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here's my card for the challenge this week:





I used the Sew Special Set for my card.  I love this quilt and rocking chair image.  I colored it with my Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits and then cut it with the matching ODBD Custom Die and added it to the card with pop dots.  Here's a picture of the set and die.




I made the card base using the Decorative Labels 8 Die from Spellbinders.  Such a pretty die for the image on this.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Sew Special (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Blush (My Mind's Eye), Sage Shadow
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Amaretto (Powder Puff)
Accessories: Rocking Chair ODBD Custom Die, Labels 8, Decorative Labels 8 (Spellbinders), Rose Petal Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Linen Thread, charm (RAK from Sabrina), adhesive pearls, pearl button, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Pink Rose, Henna, Tuscan Red, Jade Green, Dark Green, Denim Blue, Kelly Green, Black, Chocolate, Dark Brown, Cool Greys 50%, 70%, 90%

For more inspiration, please visit my teammates to see their gorgeous creations for the challenge this week...

  • Chris Olsen-Challenge Team Coordinator
  • Jan Keen
  • Jan Marie Ennenga
  • Lori Ulrich
  • Rosemary Dennis


  • I'm entering this in the following challenges:

    Word Art Wednesday Challenge #59 - Anything Goes
    Really Reasonable Ribbon #62 - Anything Goes & Ribbon

    I pray you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoy time spent with family in celebrating the day of our Savior's Birth!

    Blessings!

    Kathy


     

    13 comments:

    1. oh how elegant and beautiful!! I just love your framing of the card and your gorgeous coloring with pastels on the image!! Gorgeous my friend!!

      May you and your family have a blessed Christmas together!! God bless you!!

      hugs,
      Chris

      ReplyDelete
    2. Such pretty coloring and colors, lovely framing and that charm is so cute!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Kathy...what a heart warming creation!! I so love your colours...so homey, I can feel myself sitting there on this chair, by the fire, sipping cocoa...ahhhh AWESOME card hun!!
      Merry Christmas!!
      Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    4. I really love the sweet, cozy feel of this card. It's warm and welcoming, and SO adorable, Kathy. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this in our challenge. It's such a blessing when you do, and I appreciate it very much
      I hope tonight and tomorrow and especailly wonderful for your family. May God bless you all in 2013.
      Karen
      Word Art Wednesday

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a wonderful card1 Your coloring is always PERFECT! And this beauty is no exception... Love the beautiful framing! Merry Christmas!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Very pretty, Kathy, Great colors...and nice coloring.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Beautiful card,love the colors,Merry Christmas..

      ReplyDelete
    8. oh my... this is just so beautiful, kathy! the image is perfectly colored and i love the little scissors charm!! i have really enjoyed being on the team with you this past year and being blessed by all your beautiful creations!! merry christmas!!

      ReplyDelete
    9. This image is so (sew!) wonderful - and your coloring is just beautiful. Love every inch of this :)!! Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    10. Lovely card!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Riboon!
      Hugs
      Heather

      ReplyDelete
    11. Wow, this is beautiful. I love that cut border around the card!

      Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

      Have a blessed day!

      Wendy

      ReplyDelete
    12. Kathy, This is a darling image and you have done an awesome job coloring this beautiful little rocking chair. I love your card.
      Linda

      ReplyDelete
    13. You've rocked it again, Kathy!! Sew perfect! Love your coloring and the fussy cutting of this image. .It's warm and comfy and so well crafted in every detail!! Hugs and blessings and Happy New Year!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!