Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Heartfelt Creations Inspiration

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!  This week I made a very simple card using the Vintage Floret Collection.  I keep thinking that it's missing something whis is probably because I didn't use any ribbon or a bow, but I didn't want to cover up the pretty designs on this.



The main panel for this card is done with the Vintage Floret Designer Paper.  I added flowers to match the paper and create a flower cascade.  I finished it by adhering it to an embossed card base and adding a sentiment.  I hope this give you a little inspiration this week!

Please visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the gorgeous creations by the design team this week!

I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #57.

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy



Your Birthday

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:










Other Products Used:

Paper:  Solar White (Neenah ), Baja Breeze, Mello Moss  (Stampin’ Up)
Ink: Mello Moss (SU), Aegean Blue (VersaMark), London Fog (Momento)

Accessories: Sponge, adhesive pearls (Michaels), Large Oval & Scalloped Oval Punches (SU), Branches with Leaves & Flowers Embossing Folder (Sizzix), make-up applicator

Instructions:

Base: Cut Baja Breeze 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4", fold, and emboss front with embossing folder.
Image/Embellishments: Cut designer paper with blue flowers as shown at 2 1/2" x 5 1/2" and cut Mello Moss at 2 11/16” x 5 1/2".   Ink edges of both with Mello Moss.  Glue together as shown and add to card base with pop dots. 

On Solar White with London Fog Ink, stamp the smallest open flower twice, then one each of the next two sizes.  Color with Aegean Blue Ink and make-up applicator, cut with matching dies, and shape as desired.  On Mello Moss paper with Mello Moss Ink, stamp one of the pointed shaped flowers.  Cut with the matching die, ink edges with Mello Moss Ink, and shape as desired.    Cut pointed flower to separate into 3 leaves and 2 leaves.  Add all to card as shown with glue.  Stamp sentiment on the designer paper with Mello Moss and cut with Large Oval Punch.  Cut Mello Moss paper with Scalloped Oval Punch.  Ink edges of both with Mello Moss and glue together.  Add to card with pop dots and glue.  Add adhesive pearls as desired.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh! Beautiful blue flowers. Not many cardmarkers use the blue, so your card is a rare beauty indeed! So feminine and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The design is really pretty and you chose beautiful colors for the combination. Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous job on the coloring on your flowers -- just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the softness of this card, Kathy! Super lovely, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, Kathy! My birthday is in July....LOL
    Coming to your blog is always such a treat for me. I enjoy seeing your cards because I always know how beautiful they will be, and it's such a treat to come by and peek. I am SO grateful to have you share with us.
    I hope that your December is going well, and that your Christmas plans are coming together. (I am SO far behind that I don't know if I will catch up). Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us, and have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! And I don't think it's missing a thing.... it's very well balanced now as is. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, this is sooooo beautiful!!!! Love everything about this fab card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous - your colors are amazing and I love the soft layering of your flowers. Beautiful!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Wow. Love the vintage feel and the layering is amazing on this. You have introduced me to a new line of stamps today. I never knew of this place that you design for. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Dana

    Would love for you to come visit me in my little part of the Blogging World

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card Kathy. I love the design and the colors and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card - love it!! Maybe especially the color combo, and the layout - quite elegant. Judy D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!