Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ODBDSLC134 - NOEL

Happy Tuesday!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week's challenge: 
Noel word challenge- Use the letters in Noel to create a card.


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, December 23rd at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Breadstamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, December 23rd at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC134. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

For my card this week I used Flourished Verses and 2 of the new release this month, Snowflake Background and Snowy Blessings  Here is a picture with the bookmark slipped in behind the sentiment.




Here is is with it detached.



Here are pictures of the stamps sets I used:








For my NOEL recipe, I used: N=Nestabiling, O=Organdy Silver Ribbon, E=Embossing, L=Layers

Complete Card Recipe:

Stamps: Snowflake Background, Snowy Blessings, Flourished Verses (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Baja Breeze (SU)
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Winter Wonderland Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Metalic Silver Embossing Powder (Recollections), Bookmark Die (Our Daily Bread Designs Custom Die),  Snowpeople Glitter Rub-ons (Royal Brush), adhesive heart pearls (Want2Scrap), White Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Organdy Silver Ribbon (Wrights), metal thread, button snowflake (Michaels), Parisian Accents Die (Spellbinders)
For more inspiration, please visit the other DT ladies and see their beautiful creations!

  •  
    Hope you can join in the challenge this week!

    Blessings!

    Kathy

    10 comments:

    1. This is such a beauty!! Love the added tag element, and all the pearls. Beautiful! Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    2. Beautiful Kathy! I love the soft blues, snowflakes and pearls! Just lovely! Hugs and blessings!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh I just love this BG!! and love the detached BK you made to go with it!! What an awesome card...and perfect colours!!
      Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    4. Fun challenge, beautiful card with a great little gift attached.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Stunning Kathy!! I love the pretty soft blues, pearl heart, and snowflakes!! Beautiful!!
      Hugs,
      Chris

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is so beautiful Kathy. I love the blue, and that background stamp is gorgeous. Love your bling and the bookmark too!

      ReplyDelete
    7. This card is so pretty and I really like the way the bookmark tag is detachable but part of the card.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Snow beautiful! Very clever design. . .love that bookmark and the card is beautiful with our without it attached! Lovely work, Kathy!! Love that ♥ and the ♥ you put into your projects!! Hugs!

      ReplyDelete
    9. absolutely gorgeous, kathy!! i love the snowflake background embossed on the pale blue and all the wonderful details!! hugs!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!