Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, April 12, 2013

CottageCutz Butterfly Trio

Happy Friday everyone!

Today I have a card to show you using CottageCutz's Butterfly Mini and Garden Bird Branch Dies

.

(Click on picture for a closer look)


I  originally planned to post another project, but it's taking a little longer than I thought lol!  While I was working on it, I thought of this idea with the butterflies and quickly put this card together! 

Here are the dies I used:






I love this Butterfly Mini!  The last time I used it I colored the pieces with chalk inks.  This time I used double-sided designer papers (Secret Garden) and slightly inked the edges.  I used the patterned side for the wings, and flipped the piece over to the solid side for the body.  I cut the Garden Bird Branch in Certainly Celery Cardstock and trimmed a little of the bottom off to fit on the card.

For the white base, I embossed a small portion of the bottom and stamped the sentiment on the top.  Then I just added some ribbons, lace, pearls, liquid pearls, and a button with a floss bow using two colors together.  I added a lavender mat (Secret Garden) and white to a So Saffron card base.  The finished card measures 4 1/2" x 4 1/2".

Card recipe:

CottageCutz Dies: Butterfly Mini, Garden Bird Branch
Stamp: With Graditude (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron (SU), Secret Garden (Graphic 45)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Pumpkin Spice (VersaMagic), Green With Envy, Purple Passion, Banana Bliss (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Button, floss, ribbon, lace, adhesive pearls (Kaiser), White Opal & Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Bow-Easy, Square Lattice Embossing Folder (SU), Molding Mat & Tool Kit (McGill)

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge #201 - Spring Has Sprung
Really Reasonable Ribbon #69 - Buttons and Bows
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - April Showers and/or Spring Flowers

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. This made me smile. A wonderful reminder of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this card - the butterflies are precious! thanks for playing along with us at really reasonable ribbon! - vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kathy, this is so beautiful, I love those butterflies. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Spring has Sprung challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!!Love your colorful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these papers, don't you? The colors go so nicely together. Your design is really lovely - thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! I love the colors and all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!