Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Flourishes - Thank You Tag

Happy Saturday everyone!

Today I have a thank you tag I made for the latest Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge #FTTC214 - Wrap It With Ribbon - 2 layers ribbon or combine twine together. 

Here is a picture of the tag flat.


 
 
Here is a picture of it standing up.
 



This is my first attempt to make a tag, it's about time I tried one of these!  I colored this flower image with pencils and mineral spirits and cut it with the Timeless Rectangles Die.  I added a little bit of a brown mat behind it.  The tag is made from the same brown paper and a parchment type paper I had in my stash.  I punched the bottom corners and added the sentiment between them.  I added lots of twine, jute, and ribbon for the "tassell" and a couple of bows and a button.

I'm also submitting this to the latest Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #RRR69 - Buttons & Bowns Theme.

Tag recipe:

Stamps: With Graditude (Flourishes)
Paper: Natural White (Neenah), Mocha Devine (Bazzills), parchment paper (stash)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (VersaFine)
Accessories: Timeless Rectangles (Spellbinders), Budding Flower Corner Punch (Fiskers), Bow-Easy, twine, ribbon, jute, hole punch, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Jasmine, Sand, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Espresso, Chocolate, Kelp Green, Black

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy
 

11 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful! Can't believe this is a first attempt! Your coloring is lovely! I have not tried prismas yet but have been wanting to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Kathy. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy you did great for your first time. I just love making tags. I love the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your your tag!Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag!! The flowers look almost real, great coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful tag, you did a fantastic job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drop dead gorgeous Kathy! Love all the twine and your daisies are just beautiful! Fabulous job! Thanks for joining us for our "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" at Flourishes this week.
    Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such Lovely coloring and the corner punch goes so well with the die, Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sweet tag! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. your flowers are gorgeous! beautiful coloring and i love it framed with your ornate die-cut! thanks for playing along with us at really reasonable ribbon! - vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!