Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

JustRite Challenge JR094 - Sketch

Hi there!

I'm back with another card today!  This time I have a card I made for the latest challenge at JustRite Stamps which is a sketch.


(Click on photo for a closer look)

I love this rose image from the With Sympathy Set!  I decided to make the flowers in a teal color to make them vibrant and added a pretty golden yellow to go with it.  The image in colored with Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits.

Card recipe:

Stamp: With Sympathy (JustRite)
Paper: Whisper White, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper (SU), teal (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Silk Ribbon (May Arts), Labels 8, Decorative Labels 8 Dies (Spellbinders), adhesive pearls, Paper Lace II Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Bow-Easy, flower (Prima), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Muted Turquoise, Cobalt Turquoise, Kelp Green

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

JustRite #94 - Sketch
All Sorts Challange #202 - Letter of Your Name - roses for Roney
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - April Showers and/or Spring Flowers
Addicted to Stamps and More - #41 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

 

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love the colors and your roses are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow is this ever gorgeous! I love that color combo - the blue flowers are just fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gingham behind the main image. The different colors and patterns make this pop!

    I love your verse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect card for our theme Kathy .

    Thanks so much for sharing you lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Kathy. Your coloring is always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty! Love that stamp and you color it beautifully as always! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite card -- coloring and presentation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card Kathy, I love the image and colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Use Your Name challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Kathy. Love the colours of the roses. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M Challenge.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!