Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thank You Lilies - Flourishes Summer Lovin Challenge

Happy Thursday everyone!

I made this for the Flourishes' Summer Lovin Challenge #FLLCAPR13 they are having for their new release.  The challenge is to use their photo for inspiration, which is a pretty green and salmon pink color combination, or a summer inspired creation.


 




I used an older set, A Year of Flowers 2, for the lily image and the With Graditude Set for the sentiment.  The image is colored with Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits.  Here's a close up of the lilies.





I love to color, especially flowers, and this is a pretty image for coloring.

Card recipe:

Stamps: A Year of Flowers 2, With Graditude (Flourishes)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Certainly Celery (SU), Eva Designer Paper (Basic Grey)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Decorative Labels One (Spellbinders), Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Certainly Celery Ribbon (SU), White Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Flower (Prima), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Blush Pink, Crimson Lake, Pale Sage, Olive Green, Black

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Flourishes Summer Lovin - #FLLCAPR13
Allsorts Challenge #201 - Spring Has Sprung
Simon Says Stamp - April Showers and/or Spring
Whimsy Inspiration #58 - Pretty in Pink

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy
 

14 comments:

  1. Ohhh! I love this card!! I need to take a coloring class from you!! Just gorgeous!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Great coloring on the image. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty. I have a "thing" for pink! This is outstanding. Love that image.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at allsorts tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!Beautiful card!Great coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card so clean and neat and the colouring is excellent. Thankyou for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely and thanks for joining us this week over at Allsorts
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous floral card Kathy, love the image and how you've coloured it. Thank you so much for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for our Pretty In Pink challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply BEAUTIFUL Kathy! I love how you colored this image...so striking! Thank you for joining us at the summer challenge...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty! Your embossed frame and pretty colored lilies are stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Kathy! I like the soft pink and white colors, fabulous lace trim and textures. Just beautiful. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Summer Lovin challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layout of this card and that fabulous bow! Thanks for joining us and playing along with the April Showers/Spring Flowers challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know how I love Pink! This is so lovely! Soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!