Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Word Art Wednesday Guest Designer

Hi there!

As I announced on Wednesday,  I am a Guest Designer this month for Word Art Wednesday!  I almost always play in their challenges, and I'm very honored to be asked by Karen to join them! 

For this week's challenge, the sponsors are Lisa's Altered Art and Eureka Stamps.  The Scripture/Word Art for this week is Psalm 91:11.


You may use this for your creation this week, but are not required to.  Anything goes as long as it is framily-friendly and uses an encouraging, uplifting sentiment.

Here is my card for the challenge this week:



(Click on the photo for a better view)

I printed the Scripture on white cardstock and cut it using Labels 20 Dies.  The card base is Baja Breeze.  I cut a white mat using Romantic Rectangles and added a piece of Parisian Breeze Designer Paper (one of my favorite dp that I save for special occasions).  I added the Scripture die cut with pop dots and embellished it with flowers, butterflies, pearls and a bow.  The largest flower was made with Heartfelt Creations' Vintage Floret Dies.

Card Recipe:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Parisian Breeze (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Printer ink, Aegean Blue (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Flower punch (EKSuccess), Embosslits Beautiful Wings (SU), Vintage Floret Die (Heartfelt Creations), Labels 20, Romantic Rectangles (Spellbinders), Bow-Easy, White Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), adhesive pearls, White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Elegant Scrollwork Die (Memory Box), McGill Tool Kit & Mat

Thank you for stopping by today!  Hope to see you join in the WAW challenge this week!

Blessings!

Kathy


 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Just love the blues. I love Philippians 4 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely, like the soft color and the pretty embellishing of the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card!! Love the colors, very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, Congratulations on being a guest designer at Word Art Wednesday. Your card is absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing your gifts with us. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty. Congrats on the guest dt spot. They are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kathy!! Congrats on being a guest designer at Word Art Wednesday. This card is beyond words. I am in Awe!! What did you use to make the white swirl lines near the pearls? This card is incredible!!

    I have FREE Candy on my blog and would love for you to drop by and register. I am your newest follower and would love for you to follow my blog also.

    Have a fabulous week! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is amazingly beautiful! I love how you captured the sparkle in the picture, I have such a hard time doing that. Congrats on being guest designer for April.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!