Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Word Art Wednesday - Philemon 1:4

Happy Wednesday everyone!

This is my third week as a Guest Designer for Word Art Wednesday!  This week's word art is from Philemon 1:4.





This is Paul writing to Philemon of his thankfulness for him.  This verse reminds me of those special people in my life that I am so thankful for.  My family, my Bible Study ladies, my friends here and in blogland.  I have so many sweet people in my life that encourage me, pray for me and I for them.  I am so blessed!

For my card, I used a MOJO Sketch from last year, #248.  Except for the bow and flower, it would make a nice guy card.  These Portobello Road Papers are perfect for masculine ones.

Card recipe:

Paper: Very Vanilla (SU), Portobello Road (Recollections)
Ink: Amaretto (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Golden Maple Silk Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Labels 20 (Spellbinders), Rose Leaf Punch (Martha Stewart), Vintage Floret Die (Heartfelt Creations), brad (Bo Bunny), Antique Copper Microbeads (Recollections), McGill Mat & Tool Kit, Bow-Easy, Scallop Border Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder (SU), piercer

Please visit the Word Art Wednesday Blog to see everyones beautiful creations this week using this word art. Hope you can join in the challenge! 

Blessings!

Kathy
 

7 comments:

  1. Love the soft colors and textures of this beauty Kathy! {{hugs}}

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I just love blue and brown together. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I like your color combo...and the lattice folder embossing makes such a nice detail on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this color combo and the design of this. It looks very vintage country to me, and I just love it. Thanks so much for sharing with us this month. You have blessed me in so many ways, and I am so very grateful to God for you.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, this is superbly done. That crisp embossing is so great and your lay-out is wonderful. I love you showcase the verse in all your creation. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is beautiful, Kathy. Thanks for your inspirational card as an example for us at WAW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!