Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Monday, April 22, 2013

CottageCutz - Mother's Day Gift Card Holder

Happy Monday everyone!

I have a cute gift project today using CottageCutz Dies. 


 



This is a gift card holder that I made with the new Large Confectionery Bag. I first cut the bag using Nana's Kitchen Paper. Where this is single-sided paper, I cut an additonal piece (green polka dot) to glue on the inside. (You can skip this step by using double-sided paper.) I decorated the bag with a butterfly from the Butterfly Mini Die and branch and flowers from the Bluebird Die using Certainly Celery and Real Red Cardstock and a little piece of blue. These were shaped and glued to the front of the bag.

This is the bag alone.

 


Inside the holder is the Spring Butterfly Notecard that holds the gift card. I used a small glue dot to hold the gift card in place.



On the back I added a small strip of green paper to hold a tag. The tag is from the Fancy Insert Card/Tag. I stamped "Happy Mother's Day", added a rose flourish on the bottom, punched a hole and added a piece of ribbon.






These are the dies I used.






Project recipe:

Stamps: Vintage Rose Medallions (JustRite)
Paper: Nana's Kitchen (DCWV), Certainly Celery, Real Red (SU)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: White Opal Liquid Pearls, Scor-Tape, Peacock Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon)

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Really Reasonable Ribbon #70 - Mother's Day & Ribbon/Lace

Thank you for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy
 

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!! Love all the pretty details! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, great little mothers day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the bag die and such sweet flowers, love the die cut in the card, it's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo pretty! Glad you joined us for the challenge at RRR! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gift set! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!