Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

CottageCutz - Garden Thank You

Happy Wedesday!

Today I have a card to show you using 2 CottageCutz' Dies, Garden Bird Branch and Butterfly Mini.


(Click on photo for a better view)

I cut the butterfly and branch using green cardstock and shaped the branch a little.  I cut them again with white cardstock and colored the pieces with chalk inks.  The birds and flowers were added with pop dots onto the first layer.  I embossed the top portion of the white mat with an embossing folder and stamped a sentiment on the bottom.  I wrapped ribbon around the mat and glued all the pieces down.  I then added a bow and some liquid pearls.

I love this little butterfly die, I didn't much to it and it came out so cute!  The branch will be good to used for the birds alone and the branch pieces to add to other creations and dies.

These are the dies that I used on this:






Card Recipe:

Stamp: Flourished Verses (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), green (DCWV Stack), Wisteria (Coredinations)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Purple Hydrangea, Aegean Blue, Spanish Olive (VersaMark)
Accessories: Make-up applicators, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, heart pearl, White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Bow-Easy, White Silk Ribbon (May Arts), McGill Mat & Tool Kit

Thank you for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love colors!!!
    Blessings
    Sylviane (a french girl, sorry for my English lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    First and foremost may I welcome you to the Word Art Wednesday Guest Designer position for April. WOW. We are so blessed to have you. I like all of the work we see but there are always a few very special people whose work is so beautiful, precise and unique. That Kathy would be you.
    That die with the birds and vine is so gorgeous. Did you have to use wax paper? The bow is delighful and the hear shaped pearl looks so elegant. God bless you, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just Beautiful, love the soft coloring, especially of the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Kathy!! I love your colors and how beautiful you put this together. Fabulous card!! Your creations are so gorgeous!! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!