Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ODBDSLC151 - God's Nature

Happy Tuesday!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week's challenge is:
Cherish God’s Nature- Create a card or project with nature and scripture/ spiritual quote.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, April 28 at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, April 28 at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC151. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my card for the challenge this week:


Click on photo for a better view



I used an older set, "On Eagle's Wings", with this beautiful eagle and verse.  The eagle image is colored with pencils and mineral on a piece of tan designer paper so the white pencil would show up.  I fussy cut the image, shaped it a little and added it over the Scripture with pop dots.  Here's a close up:




Here is a picture of the stamp set:





I wanted this to be a masculine card so I didn't add much for embellishments.  I did add a twine bow and some metal stickers, but I think it still masculine enough!

Card recipe:

Stamps: On Eagle's Wings (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Heritage Scrapper's Solution (HOTP), black, red (DCWV Stack)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Amaretto (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Paper Lace II Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), black twine, metal stickers, Bow-Easy, Prismacolor Pencils: White, Black, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Light Umber, Chocolate, Espresso

For more inspiration, please visit my design team sisters to see their beautiful creations this week.  You can also see all the creations together on the ODBD Blog!



Gloria Stengel - Guest Designer






Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Kathy girl, your work always blows me away! Your coloring and designs are amazing!!! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathy...This is beautiful!! Awesome colouring, and layout!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy: This is a gorgeous, very masculine card showcasing a wonderful Scripture passage. Thank you not only for this inspiration artwork, but for your Scripture verse today. I just learned some distressing news about my work today and this Scripture and the words in the card verse were EXACTLY what I needed! Thank you for heeding God's call to this ministry of yours! Kris Turner, Wadsworth, OH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plaid and the textures! I am always amazed how you pull so many layers together and make it look so clean and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning masculine card Kathy!! I just love your rich and deep coloring with the verse!! Another stunning design my friend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous. Love all the details.
    I thought of this set when I first saw this challenge. I bought it because my husband likes eagles and I love that scripture verse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created a stunning masculine card with your textures, colors, and that gorgeous eagle, Kathy! The embellishment with the metal sticker is the perfect finishing touch! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow is that ever a fantastic masculine card!!! great coloring and design, love the embossing and paper combo too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!