Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

ODBDSLC152 - Needle It

 
 
This is my second post of the day!  If you are looking for the CottageCutz Blog Hop, please see the post below or click here!


Happy Tuesday everyone!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week's challenge is:
Needle it!! Use piercing or real stitching on your creation.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, May 5 at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, May 5 at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC152. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

 
Here is my card for the challenge this week!



Click on photo for a better view!
 
 
I chose to do piercing (on the black mat) because I'm not too fond of sewing!  The one time I tried machine sewing on paper it came out terrible!  I used the beautiful Romantic Floral Designs Stamps for the flourished frames on the layers, matching the Labels 26 Dies.  The sentiment is from the Flourished Verses Set which I think goes nicely with the frames.  The thing I love about these frames is they're clear stamps so it's easy to stamp them around sentiments.  Here are the sets I used.
 
 

 
 
Card recipe:
 
Paper: Black, peach, The Mariposa Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Piercer, Labels 26 (Spellbinders), adhesive pearls (Want-2-Scrap and Recollections), Black Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), flower punch (EKSucess), jewelery findings/stick pin, Bow-Easy
 
For more inspiration, please visit my design team sisters to see their beautiful creations this week. You can also see all the creations together on the ODBD Blog!



Gloria Stengel - Guest Designer
 






Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy!!I love the colors, layers,and your pretty stick pin!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...how elegant, Kathy! These colors are just striking...love your stick pin and the gorgeous bow! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up here and couldn't wait to comment on this beauty - I love your soft warm color combined with the black, it just makes everything pop. And the stick pin takes it to another level - so beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!