Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ODBDSLC150 - Scripture or Hymn

Happy Tuesday everyone!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!



This week's challenge is: Use Scripture or Hymns on your creation

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, April 21 at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, April 21 at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC150. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my card for the challenge this week:


(Click on photo for a closer look)


I made a slider style card using scripture from the On Eagles' Wings Set.

For the sentiment inside, I used the Flourished Verses Set. 




Here's another photo of the card laying flat.


 

I had a little trouble with inspiration this week, so I made a trip to my local scrapbook store and found these pretty Authentique Papers called Cherish.  I love these papers with the roses and pinks!  I get a lot of my inspiration from designer papers and even though I have TONS already, LOL, I had to get more!  I did all the stamping directly on the solid designer papers.  Also, if you look closely, there is a faint eagle image with the verse on front.

Card recipe:

Stamps: On Eagles' Wings, Flourished Verses (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Natural White (Neenah), Cherish (Authentique), burgandy (DCWV), Always Artichoke
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Victoria Velvet Distress Ink
Accessories: Alway Artichoke Seam Binding (RAK from Jill :-), Elegant Scrollwork Die (Memory Box), Timeless Rectangles Dies (Spellbinders), button, Bow-Easy, jute, charm, brad

For more inspiration, please visit my design teammates and our Guest Designer, Gloria Stengel, to see their gorgeous creations this week.  You can also see all the creations together on the ODBD Blog.


 





 

 

 

I'm also submitting this to the following challenges:

Paper Playtime #8 - More Than One Fold
Whimsey Stamps Inspiration #58 - Pretty In Pink

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


11 comments:

  1. Beyond beautiful and elegant! Love love love the paper and color choices! And those frames are so intricate and delicate - it just really does add to the overall elegance and feminine feel of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant easel card!! I love the colors, dp, and the design with the frilly dies!! Stunning!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Cathy! I love the easel card... and the pairing of Scripture and that sentiment is wonderful... all the die cuts are so pretty... it's just a gorgeous creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!Such a beautiful card!The colors are awesome,love the sentiment...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous. I love that scripture. The colors and frame are a perfect touch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very beautiful and elegant. I love it. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...and you know I like the PINK!! and the great dp. and Yes, I did notice the ribbon...smile...Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!!! Absolutely beautiful Kathy - love it!
    Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous inside and out, Kathy! You've used one of my all time favorite color combinations...so feminine and vintage looking! The beautiful frames draw attention to the wonderful verse and sentiment...beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, love the delicate dies to frame the verse and the sentiment inside, so love the papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!