Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Inspiration

Happy Wednesday again!

This is my second post for today!  If you are looking for my Word Art Wednesday Card, please see the post below this!

It's time for some Heartfelt Creation inspiration!  Today I have a card and a coaster gift set.

Here is the card I created using a combination of the Seascape Set (chair & shells) and the Sand & Sea Set (flying seagulls) to make a little beach scene.  Doesn't this look like a peaceful place to be?  Other than the images, I left this card fairly simple.  I didn't want to cover up the beautiful scene!





My second project is a set of 4 tile coasters using the Balmy Breeze Collection of lighthouses and ship images.  This is a super simple project to make for a quick gift.  I usually apply a little color to these with the Stazon Inks, but you don't really need to.  These are the 4 together.




This  shows the back of the tile with the cork sheet applied.




This is how I packed them up for gift giving.  I just wrapped this wide ribbon around all 4 together and tied a simple bow...I didn't even use a Bow-Easy!  Then I added the tags with the sentiments stamped on them using Linen Thread and slipped a die cut of the Decorative Lattice Swirl Die using the designer paper.




You can find complete instructions for these at the bottom of my post.  Please visit the HC Blog to see all the gorgeous creations from the Designers this week! 

I'm submitting this to the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #41 - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy



Adirondack Chair

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3531 – Seascape PreCut Set
HCPC 3528 – Sand & Sea PreCut Set
HCDP1 – 232 – Balmy Breeze Paper Collection

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Neutrals Cardstock Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Sanding block, mineral spirits, Labels 23 Grand, Prismacolor Pencils: Green Ochre, Marine Green, Putty Beige, Sepia, Sandbar Brown, Seashell Pink, Beige Sienna, Nectar, Slate Grey, French Greys, Cool Greys

Instructions:
Base: Cut designer paper 6” x 10”, score at 5”, cut with Labels 23 Grand Die placing crease just over top of die to make a card base.

Image: On Solar White with Onyx Black, stamp chair, shells, and seagull images together as shown.  Color with pencils or as desired.  Cut image with Labels 23.  Add mats matching colors in designer papers.  Glue together and sand edges.  Add to card base with pop dots and add image to mats with pop dots.


Balmy Breeze Coasters
Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3529 – Surfs Up PreCut Set
HCPC 3528 – Sand & Sea PreCut Set
HCPC 3527 – High Seas PreCut Set
HCPC 3532 – Beautiful You PreCut Set
HCDP1 – 232 – Balmy Breeze Paper Collection
HCD 732 – Decorative Flower Pot Die
HCD 733 – Decorative Lattice Swirl Die

Other Products Used:
Ink: Black Stazon, Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Four - 4” x 4” porous tiles (Lowe’s), sand paper, paper towels, adhesive cork sheet (Michaels), Antique Gold Silky Crushed Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon) or any wide ribbon, Linen Thread

Instructions:
Follow instructions for stamping on tiles technique at Split Coast Stampers: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/tile_coasters/.   Sand any rough edges on coasters, if needed, then wipe clean.   With Stazon Ink, stamp various images on coasters (or do all the same) and let dry.  (You can also color the tiles with Stazon Inks as shown in the tutorial.)  Cut adhesive cork sheet into squares to fit the coaster bottoms and adhere.

For packaging, stack coasters and tie ribbon around and make a bow.  Stamps sentiments on designer paper with Onyx Black Ink and die cut with tag dies.   Attach to bow with linen thread.  Die cut Decorative Swirl from designer paper and slip under bow.  Adhere in place to the bow with a glue dot.

12 comments:

  1. Oh you are such a clever girl! Love the coaster set and your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those coasters! Your beach coloring is beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Work!! Love your tiles and the card is so serene and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just awesome!!! So creative.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous project!! Love it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects, Kathy! Your beach scene card is beautiful and the gift-wrapped coasters are such a lovely gift idea. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects,Love how you made your coasters...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing project -I love the earthy colors and the coasters with the box are just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at our Anything Goes Challenge at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful and peaceful scene you have created on your card. The colors are so calming and just perfect. Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning project, loving the coasters. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. a wonderful and peaceful scene you have made here, and such a great coaster set!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!