Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Gift of God

Hi there!

Well, today is my son's 12th Birthday!!! Hard to believe he is 12 already! Time passes so quickly, I need to remember to enjoy the moments, the present, and stop worrying about the future.

Today I have a Christmas card I made with Our Daily Bread Designs' Scripture Collection #2, using Ephesians 2:8. What a beautiful verse this is, I love Ephesians. This verse reminds me how important it is to know we are saved by God's grace alone. There is nothing we can do to "earn" it, no matter how many good deeds we do, because we will never be good enough to "deserve" it. All we need to do is accept God's gift and let Him do the rest. God transformed me 16 years ago, and I'm so THANKFUL HE did! I never want to be that "old me" again. I'm so THANKFUL to have Him to go to! I hope you all have accepted God's Gift too!

Well,here is the card I made, another Christmas card done!



Here's the inside of the card:





I used the Glad Tidings paper from K&Co. I love this paper!!! I'm submitting this in 2 challenges, ODBD's Shining the Light Challenge (ODBDSLC85) gem or bell hanging, and also ODBD'S Stamping in Time Challenge (SNTODBD48) a Christmas theme.

I'll post the other details in my Split Coast Gallery which you can find here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Blessings!

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. And I say Amen to your post! Lovely card you got there. Blessings to you and your fam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love that scripture and the way you've accented it! The trio of panels frames it so nicely and I just love those little doves! Blessings and may you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is a very beautiful card.

    Hugs from germany,

    Sebrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous Kathy!! I just love your layout and your design with the hanging bell and details. Stunning!!! Gorgeous take on the Shining the Light challenge!!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Kathy, Happy Birthday to your son, His birthday is the same day as my daughter's! Sorry, I haven't been commenting as much I injured my hand, and it hurts to type! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is stunning, my mother would love it. I may CASE it for her card this year. Thanks for the inspiration and the message of the greatest gift of all. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Kathy! LOVE the layout and dp and this verse is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, this is absolutely stunning! Rich and beautifully done! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!