Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, January 5, 2012

ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge (SNTCODBD51)

Here it is!!! My first post as an Our Daily Bread Team Member!!! How exciting!!!


It is time for ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge (SNTODBD51)! The Challenge this rotation is all about 2012! Or, at least the numbers that make up the year. Like 2-0-1-2. The numbers are a formula or recipe for how much we can add or not add to our card! Any stamps are allowed; however, if you use ODBD stamps you are entered twice for the win! Play as often as you like! The more you play the more you increase you chances to win!


2- Use two of something

0- Use zero of something (list what it is....no dp? No die cuts?)

1- Use one of something

2- Use two of something else


For today's card, I am using ODBD Scripture Collection 2. I love Proverbs 3:5,6. This Collection of Scripture Verses, along with the other collections, can be used for a lot of different themes and I love having them on hand. I actually had this already stamped and die-cut from a while back and had it filed in my recipe card box with my other "leftovers" from projects. If you missed my post about how I organize my die-cuts, mats, card bases, images, etc, you can read about it here on the post!

Please stop by and check out the other team members who are playing along this week. They have some beautiful creations to share with you!

Grace
Chris
Jan
Lori
Betty

Ingredients:

Paper: Sahara Sand (SU), Palo Verde, Safari (Bazzills), Heritage Scrapper's Solution (Hot Off the Press).

Ink: Rich Razzleberry (SU).

Accessories: Ribbon, paper flower, adhesive pearls button, run-ons (all Michael's).

8 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy this is soooo beautiful! I'm in love with the dp and the color combo! Love that ribbon and beautiful layout!!! Wowzers!!! So excited to have you join us in the bread basket!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Kathy!! I just love your colors and that is my ultimate favorite verse that I really needed to see today. Thanks for sharing it!! Gorgeous design with the flowers and your ribbon detail. Awesome take on the challenge!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Kathy! The colors are just so refreshing! And the layout draws my eye in! So glad you are here! Beautifully done sister...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this is just gorgeous! Beautiful colors, details, and design! Wonderful scripture card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo! Great first ODBD post Kathy!!! Your card is soooo gorgeous! This is one of my favorite verses too!!! I love your design and the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathy, what a beautiful card. . .love the royal colors of purple and gold along with all of your delightful layers. . .you've arranged everything so that the scripture takes center stage! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with a beautiful scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Kathy, I love the verse, (1 of my favorites) and love you beautiful flowers, and layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!