Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thinking of You

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some Heartfelt Creations inspiration!  This week I used the Majestic Morning Accents Set and Tombow Markers!




I almost always use pencils and mineral spirits for coloring images, but this week I wanted to try something different.  So this time I embossed the image with gold embossing powder on watercolor paper and colored it with Tombow Markers using water and a water brush.  It's not too bad, but I think I'll stick with pencils!

After coloring the image, I die cut it with an oval die, added a scalloped oval cut from the designer paper, and then  Floral Oval die cut from cream card stock.  Behind the image I added an embossed green mat and some of the pretty plaid designer paper.  To finish the card, I added gold microbeads, some matching ribbon, pearls, button, and a tag cut from the designer paper.

Here's a little close up of the image.





Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see the beautiful creations by the designers this week and also a sneak peak of the release for February, "Raindrops on Roses"!  I LOVE the colors and images for this new collection!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #117 - Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy


Thinking of You

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3581 - Majestic Morning Accents PreCut Set
HCDP1 239 - Majestic Morning Paper Collection
452255 - Grand Calibur
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
354802 - Classic Oval Large
209503 - Floral Ovals

Other Products Used: Paper: Watercolor (Strathmore), cream (Recollections), Basil (Coredinations); Ink: VersaMark Watermark Pad; Accessories: Classic Scalloped Ovals Large (Spellbinders), Rosa Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Pink Aster Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), White Jute (May Arts), Florentine Gold Microbeads (Martha Stewart), adhesive pearls (Recollections), button, Pirate Gold Embossing Powder (Stampendous), water brush (Kuretake), Tombow Markers: 126, 098, 020, 062, 946, 977, 990, 673, 676

Instructions: Make 5" x 7" card base with cream card stock.  Cut plaid designer paper 4 13/16" x 6 13/16".  Cut Basil card stock 4" x 5 3/4" and emboss with Rosa Embossing Folder.  Add Basil mat to designer paper mat with pop dots.  Wrap ribbon across center of mats and secure.  Glue mats to base.  Stamp flower image on watercolor paper with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss with Pirate Gold powder.  Color image with markers and water brush.  Die cut image with oval die.  Die cut raspberry shaded designer paper with scallop oval die and glue behind image.  Die cut Floral Oval die with cream card stock, add image with pop dots, and add to card with pop dots.  Add adhesive pearls to corner as shown.  Trim "Thinking of You" tag from designer paper and add jute for a tie.  Add tag, bow, and button as shown.  

9 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous as always! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, Kathy. I love the sweet little tag hanging down from the bow, and your die-cut backgrounds are always SO amazing. You never cease to amaze me, and I'm SO very grateful to have you share your God-given talents with us. Hope you're having a blessed week, and that you will stop by again soon.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy and brightly colored. The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Katy, really like the gold embossing. Your lovely flowers almost look like they were embroidered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this card. It's so beautifully designed and delicately colored. The bow is the perfect accent. Everything you do is sheer perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, That sweet little card with the flower hanging from the bow is super cute. The image is so beautiful. I like layers of die cuts and embossing always adds some class.I enjoyed seeing your lovely art today and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!