Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Poppies with Sympathy


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little inspiration with Heartfelt Creations! This week I have a sympathy card made with The Blazing Poppy Collection.




I made these poppy flowers a few weeks ago, but couldn't decide what I wanted to do with them. I found this designer paper from the collection that went nicely with them and then just added a few embellishments to pull it all together!

Here's a closeup of the flowers. I used the coloring and shaping technique that I did on my tutorial you can see here on my blog or here on the Heartfelt Creations' Blog.





Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see what the designers have come up with this week! Lots of beautiful creations there!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #195 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Poppies with Sympathy

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3674 - Blazing Poppy Petals Cling
HCPC 3617 - Birds and Blooms Cling
HCD1 764 - Blazing Poppy Die
HCD 751 - Cut Mat Create 2A
HCDP1 255 - Blazing Poppy Paper Collection
173842 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
Other products:

Paper: Neenah Natural White, Bronze Metallic (The Paper Studio)
Ink: VersaMark, Mocha Mama (Quick Quotes), Soft Suede (Stampin Up), Pink Grapefruit (VersaMagic)
Accessories: adhesive pearls, button, cream sheer ribbon (Michaels), trim (Joanns), lace (Hobby Lobby), Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Grand Calibur, Scor-tape 1/4" and 1/8", Aleenes Fast Grab Tacky Glue, glue dots, Scotch Mounting Tape, Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), embossing buddy, make-up applicators, heat gun, water mister

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Cut Natural White 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold crease to make card base. Cut Bronze Metallic 4 1/16" x 5 5/16". Cut designer paper (pictured) from paper collection to 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", stamp sentiment on bottom left with Soft Suede, ink edges with Mocha Mama and glue to Bronze Metallic mat. Add mats to card base using Scotch Mounting Tape. Cut piece of lace to fit across card and adhere with 1/4" Scor-tape. Cut trim to fit across top of lace and adhere with 1/8" Scor-tape.

Die cut large vine from Cut Mat Create 2A Die using Natural White. Shape leaves on vine using fingernails. Glue to card as pictured using Fast Grab Tacky Glue. Stamp Blazing Poppy Petals (2 times) on Natural White with VersaMark and heat emboss with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel applying heat from underneath. Color 6 extra small and 2 small flowers with Pink Grapefruit Ink using make-up applicators. (Follow the tutorial here for step by step instructions on this embossing and coloring technique.) Die cut flowers with matching die. Spritz back of flowers with water and shape with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit and glue together to create 2 small and 1 medium poppy flowers. (Refer to video here for poppy flower shaping techniques or use the one in my tutorial here.) Add Guilt Trip Prills to flower centers using Art Institute Glue (AIG). Add flowers arranging over Large Vine using AIG. Add adhesive pearls. Make a 3-loop bow with cream sheer ribbon using Bow-Easy Tool. Add as pictured using Aleenes Fast Grab Tacky Glue. Add button to bow center using glue dots.

11 comments:

  1. Kathy- this is GORGEOUS!!!! The flowers are beyond words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really just love this card, can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your flower is exquisitely gorgeous. I like how everything just blends together well. Now I have to pay attention to your flower a bit more......another lesson in the making. Thanks for sharing and a great day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi....I am in love with these flowers!....Thanks so much for your tut last week...It is on my list to copy...LOL. You shall see it when I do...LOL Hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely STUNNING, Kathy! Would you mind terribly if I were to post it on the Word Art Wednesday blog so that people can see how wonderful Heartfelt Creations' products are, and what you can potentially do with them? It would be wonderful to be able to share with everyone. I really appreciate the support of Emma Lou and the gang, and hope this brings new customers their way. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, you make the most incredible flowers! This is such a soothing color palette for a sympathy card...just beautiful! The pattern on the paper, the beautiful laces and the stunning bow paired with the poppies are absolute perfection!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, those poppies make me weak in the knees! I love the soft coloring and the splatter of gold. Just pure artistry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Kathy! Such a soft color pallet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful poppys Kathy, always been a fan of your colouring, so beautiful and so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant!!! That card would be such a welcome comfort to the bereaved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautifully done card. Lovely colors and design. Must check out your tutorial. Your flower work is always to awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!