Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hang In There!


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for me to share a little Heartfelt Creations inspiration! This week I'm using more of the Sugar Hollow Collection, this time with the You're A Hoot Set.




These little owls are so cute! Love how the little one is hanging upside down!

I colored the owl image with pencils and mineral spirits and die cut it with the matching die. The flowers are fussy cut from the designer papers which I added some Prills to the centers.

The oval is made with the designer papers and white cardstock using the Eyelet Oval Die. Love this die, so pretty! I stamped the sentiment directly on the pink oval. The green background was also taken from the designer papers.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designer this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #218  - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #133 - Show Me the Pink with Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by to visit! I hope I leave you a little inspired!

Blessings!

Kathy


Hang In There!

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3715 - You're A Hoot Cling
HCD1-786 - Sugar Hollow Bungalow Die
HCD1-776 - Eyelet Oval Die
HCDP1-262 - Sugar Hollow Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
Other products: Papers: Solar White (Neenah), White (Recollections); Inks: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Peeled Paint Distress, Perfect Plumeria, Aegean Blue (VersaMagic); Accessories: Pink Aster Seam Binding, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), pearl heart, adhesive pearls, scissors, Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots, Scor-Tape, Aleene's Paper Glaze, make-up applicators, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Olive Green, Black, Espresso, Chocolate, French Greys 30, 50 90%

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/4". Cut white cardstock 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" twice. Score one of these on the 4 1/2" side at 1/4". Add Scor-Tape above score line and adhere the 2 pieces together to create the card base. Cut the 6" x 6" green designer paper, trim it down to 4 1/4" x 6", ink edges with Peeled Paint and add to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Die cut the Eyelet Oval Die using white cardstock and add to base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Die cut pink designer paper with Eyelet Oval Die, stamp sentiment on lower right with Onyx Black Ink, ink edges with Perfect Plumeria and add to card using Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp owl image on Solar White with Onyx Black, color with pencils and mineral spirits and die cut with matching die. Shade white areas with Perfect Plumeria and Aegean Blue inks using make-up applicators. Pinch leaves with fingers to shape and add as pictured using Scotch Mounting Tape. Fussy cut various flowers for the designer papers, ink edges with Peeled Paint (leaves) and Perfect Plumeria (flowers) and shape with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Add as pictured using glue to adhere flowers to the branch and Scotch Mounting Tape to adhere flowers on top of oval. Add Lemon Chiffon Prills to flower centers using Art Institute Glue. Add Aleene's Paper Glaze to owl eyes. Make a 3-loop bow using Bow-Easy Tool and add as pictured using glue dots. Add heart pearl to bow center using glue dots. Add adhesive pearls. 

11 comments:

  1. As always your coloring techniques are amazing and those sweet little owls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous; Absolutely Gorgeous.
    Cute little owls as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oval is pristine, the owls are surely very cute. I like the pinks, pearls and the fun sentiment backed up by the hanging owl. Thank you so very much for posting your very creative and inspiring art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 218th - FF AG challenge. I pray Blessings for you and your family; stay creative and be happy. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, you're coloring is sheer perfection! I love the color palette of your card!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heart, Kathy! This is another stunner. You are so talented...no joke! Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by and taking time to join us. I am SO grateful to have you play along. I haven't chatted with you in quite some time. I hope that all is well with you and your family. Take care, and thanks again for sharing your amazing art with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your owls and the colouring is always perfect with your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card! Only you, Kathleen Roney, could elevate these cutie pie owls to runway status! And that bow....where is my fainting couch? Thanks for joining the fun at our latest challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, This adorable image on your beautiful card has won HONORABLE MENTION at WAW. Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs Ginny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!