Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Leaping Frog Hanging


Happy Wednesday!

I have another Winking Frog Collection project for you today! This week I have this cute frog hanging onto a lily pad like an umbrella. This would be a perfect card to send someone to cheer them up!



The frog image is from the Froggy Hangout set that I colored with pencils and mineral spirits and used the matching die to cut it out. I then stamped the image and sentiment together on white cardstock, colored the raindrops and popped the first image over the uncolored one. The "frame" was made using one of the card panels from the designer papers that I cut the center from with Cut Mat Create 1A Die.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the cute and springy cards the designers have for you!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #222-223 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #136 - Show Me the Green 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy


Leaping Frog Hanging

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3730 - Froggy Hangout Cling
HCPC 3725 - Water Lily Cling
HCPC 3715 - You're A Hoot Cling
HCD1-792 - Leaping Frog Die
HCD1-790 - Water Lily Die
HCD1-749 - Cut Mat Create 1A Die
HCPC1 264 - Winking Frog Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear

Other products: Paper: Solar White (Neenah), White (Recollections); Inks: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Peeled Paint Distress, Baja Blue (Quick Quotes); Accessories: Moss Jute String, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots, Aleene's Fast Grab Glue, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Moss Green, Green Ochre, Light Aqua, Olive Green, Black, Pale Sage, Deco Pink, Hot Pink

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Make white card base by cutting 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold. Cut a mat from medium green designer paper 4 1/16" x 5 5/16", ink edges with Peeled Paint and glue to base. To create frame, cut card front (pictured) from designer paper, die cut center image with Cut Mat Create 1A Medium Rounded Rectangle, ink edges with Baja Blue Ink and set aside.

Stamp frog image on Solar White with Onyx Black and color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Cut a piece of Solar White paper 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" and stamp sentiment and frog image as pictured so that it appears through frame created with card front. Color raindrops on image with pencils. Add frame over frog image using Scotch Mounting Tape and glue to card base. Add colored frog image to uncolored image using Scotch Mounting Tape.

Make 3-loop bow using string and Bow-Easy Tool. Add as pictured using glue dots. For flower, stamp small flowers from Water Lily Cling Set on Solar White with Onyx Black. Color two different flowers with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Shape with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, glue together and add to bow center using Aleene's Fast Grab Glue. Add Heart of Gold Prills to flower center using Art Institute Glue.


6 comments:

  1. your card is just so very sweet! love that little frog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! And Phil 4:4-7 is one of my favorite passages, too! This is a day the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally adorable! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always, love your colouring and your bows

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!