Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Monkeys Special Day


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some Heartfelt Creations inspiration! I have one more card to show you using the Monkeying Around Collection! This week I used the Grooming Monkeys image from the Monkey Antics Set.




The monkey image is colored with pencils and mineral spirits and cut with the matching die. The mat is from the Monkeying Around Paper Collection which I trimmed down to size. I then die cut the tropical flowers from the leftover piece using the matching die and popped it on the bottom of the monkeys. The sentiment tag is also from the paper collection which was cut using the Luggage and Tags Die.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #276-277 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


Monkeys Special Day

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3779 - Monkey Antics Cling Set
HCD1 7132 - Palm Tree & Monkey Die
HCD1 7134 - Monkey Antics Die
HCD1 745 - Luggage & Tags Die
HCDP 276 - Monkeying Around Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Designer Dries Clear

Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, White (Recollections), Early Espresso, Very Vanilla (Stampin Up); Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Java (Quick Quotes); Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella, Pebbles Chalk - Pink, Scotch Mounting Tape, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Sepia, Espresso, Black, Putty Beige

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". Cut Very Vanilla 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold to make card base. Cut Early Espresso 3 7/8" x 3 7/8". Cut card panel pictured from designer paper and trim off one end of flowers so it measures 3 5/8" long. Ink edges with Java Ink and glue to Early Espresso mat and add to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Die cut flowers from the piece that was cut off using the Palm Tree & Monkey Die, shape with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit and set aside.

On Solar White with Onyx Black stamp monkeys from the Monkey Antics Set, color with pencils and mineral spirits and die cut with matching Monkey Antics Die. Add additional color to monkey "cheeks" using pink Pebbles Chalk. Add monkeys to card using Scotch Mounting Tape. Add die cut flowers over bottom of monkeys using Scotch Mounting Tape. Die cut sentiment ticket from designer paper using the matching die from Luggage & Tags Die. Shape with a pencil to curl slightly and add as pictured trimming off right side as needed to fit under monkey. Add Lemon Chiffon Prills to all flower centers using Designer Dries Clear glue.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute and I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kathy! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy!
    I hope you've been doing well. Your card is so cute, as they always are. Great layers, and it almost looks life-like and alive. SO much fun. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, Kathy. I'm always SO very grateful for your participation in our challenges.
    Have a blessed week!
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!