Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Tropical Cockatoo


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for me to share a little inspiration using Heartfelt Creations stamps, dies and designer papers! This week I have another card using the new Tropical Paradise Collection! Love this collection!





I used the cockatoo image along with a plumeria flower for the focal image. These were colored with pencils and mineral spirits and popped onto an oval shape with a sentiment stamped on it. The background mat is a card panel from the matching designer papers. I liked the way the oval shaped looked with the flowers in each corner.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #278-279 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Tropical Cockatoo

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3781 - Tropical Cockatoo Set
HCPC 3782 - Tropical Plumeria Set
HCPC 3765 - Soar on Eagle's Wings Set
HCDP1- 277 - Tropical Paradise Paper Collection
HCD1 7136 - Tropical Cockatoo Die
HCD1 7135 - Tropical Plumeria Die
HCD1 776 - Eyelet Oval Die
Memento Bamboo Leaves Ink
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, White (Recollections); Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Quick Quotes Lemonade, Banana Bliss; Accessories: Pink Aster Seam Binding, Bow-Easy Tool, glue dots, Scotch Mounting Tape, adhesive pearls, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Deco Pink, Mulberry, Dahlia Purple, Dark Purple, Prussian Green, Dark Green, Black, Sunburst Yellow, Deco Yellow, Cool Grey 20%, 30%, 50%

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". Cut white cardstock 8 1/2" x 6 1/4", score at 4 1/4" and fold to make card base. Cut card panel pictured from the Tropical Paradise Paper Collection and ink edges with Bamboo Leaves Ink. Wrap a piece of ribbon around mat, secure on back and add to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Die cut solid oval from Eyelet Oval Die using white cardstock. Ink edges with Lemonade and Banana Bliss Inks, stamp sentiment from Soar on Eagle's Wings Set in Black on bottom of oval and add to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp cockatoo image from Tropical Cockatoo set and smallest flower from Tropical Plumeria Set on Solar White with Onyx Black. Color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Die cut with matching dies. Add cockatoo image to oval using Scotch Mounting Tape. Shape flower with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit and add as pictured using Designer Dries Clear Glue. Add Lemon Chiffon Prills to flower center using Designer Dries Clear Glue.

Make a 3-loop bow using the Bow-Easy Tool and add as shown using glue dots. Add adhesive pearl to bow center.

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Kathy! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations always draw me in and this one is no different. I love the pretty pinks and greens that you are famous for. Just a lovely creation my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have always been a big fan of your coloring, love the soft colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!