Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Cardinal Berry Christmas


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for the new collection from Heartfelt Creations! This time we have a Christmas collection for you called the Festive Holly Collection!

I LOVE cardinals so of course my first card is made with one of the beautiful cardinal images from the collection!




It's hard to see in the photo, but I love how the coloring came out on the image. I added white glue and white glitter to the "snow" on the branches which looks really pretty, but it's hard to see in the photo.

The red die cut is from the Festive Holiday Die. This is actually two pieces cut and glued together. This die is beautiful and will have lots of use I'm sure.

The background mat is designer paper from the collection. This is my favorite print from the paper!

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #290-291 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Cardinal Berry Christmas

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3793 - Holly Berry Jingle Set
HCPC 3792 - Festive Holiday Set
HCD1-7147 - Holly Berry Jingle Die
HCD1-7146 - Festive Holly Die
HCDP1 - 280 - Festive Holiday Paper Collection
Designer Dries White Glue
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, Recollections White, Bazzills Ruby Slipper, Patch; Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black; Accessories: half pearls, red ribbon, Bow-Easy Tool, glue dots, Scotch Mounting Tape, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Crimson Red, Scarlet Lake, Poppy Red, Tuscan Red, Black, Light Umber, Dark Brown, Prussian Green, Dark Green, Ginger Root, Sandbar Brown, Sand, Jasmine

Instructions: Card measures 4 5/8" x 5 5/8". Cut Patch cardstock 11 1/4" x 4 5/8", score at 5 5/8" and fold to make card base. Cut Ruby Slipper cardstock 4 7/16" x 5 7/16", cut small print from designer paper 4 1/4" x 5 1/4" and glue pieces together. Die cut medallion from Festive Holly Die using Ruby Slipper cardstock twice. Glue together to form an oval and glue to card as pictured. Wrap ribbon around mats and secure on back. Add to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp cardinal image from Holly Berry Jingle Set on Solar White with Onyx Black. Color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps, then die cut with matching die from Holly Berry Jingle Die Set. Apply Designer Dries White Glue to "snow" on image and sprinkle with Shell White Glitter. Let dry.

Die cut Large Oval shape with white cardstock and stamp sentiment as pictured. Add to card using Scotch Mounting Tape. Add cardinal image to oval with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Make 3-loop bow with red ribbon and Bow-Easy Tool. Add to card using glue dots. Add adhesive pearls.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kathy! Your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, love the male and female cardinals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy!
    I'm SO in love with the Holiday Festive Die. That one is definitely going on my wish list. It's GORGEOUS on your card. I can see where it would get a lot of use. It would be lovely under my scripture cards. GORGEOUS!
    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us, and may God bless you today and always.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. the red just pops on this card Kathy, love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!