Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Winter's Fireside Scene


Happy Wednesday!

I have another Christmas card to share with you this week using the new Winter's Eve Collection of stamps and dies.




This time I have used the cute fireside scene for the main image that I colored with pencils and minerals spirits.  I added the window die cut over it and added it to a white embossed mat.  The flower under the bow is from the Window Box Fillers Set that has a match die.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the design team!

I'm Submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #296-297 - Anything Goes

Thank you for your visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Winter's Fireside Scene

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3796 - Winter's Eve Set
HCPC 3795 - Window Box Fillers Set
HCPC 3794 - Window Frame Set
HCD1-7148 - Window Frame Die
HCD1-7149 - Window Box Fillers Die
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White; Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento London Fog; Accessories: Wire Fence Embossing Folder (Darice), adhesive pearls, Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots, Bow-Easy Tool, silk ribbon, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Light Umber, Chocolate, Black, Prussian Green, Bronze, Crimson Red, Scarlet Lake, Tuscan Red, Ginger Root, Sandbar Brown, Espresso, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod

Instructions: Card measures 4 7/16" x 5 3/8". Cut Patch cardstock 4 7/16" x 10 3/4", score at 5 3/8" and fold to make card base. Cut Ruby Slipper cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 3/16". Cut White cardstock 4 1/16" x 5", emboss with folder and die cut center with window die from Window Frame Die Set. Glue the two mats together and add to card using Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp fireside image from Winter's Eve Set on Solar White with Onyx Black and color with pencils and mineral spirits. Die cut image with window die and glue inside window opening on mat. Stamp window image from Window Frame Set on Ruby Slipper using London Fog Ink and die cut with window die. Glue over image as shown. Stamp flower image from Window Box Fillers Set on Solar White with Onyx Black and color with pencils and mineral spirits. Die cut with match die from Window Box Fillers Die Set. Add as pictured using glue.

Make multi-loop bow with silk ribbon and Bow-Easy Tool. Add over flowers with glue dots. Add adhesive pearls on bow center and upper right of card.

3 comments:

  1. love your coloring Kathy, always been a fan of your work. The fireplace scene looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kathy! I want to go and sit by that fire!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!