Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Updated: - Elphine House Australia Challenge - Pearls & Lace

Hi there!

It's time for a new challenge at Elphine House Australia! This week the challenge is to use pearls and lace! Oh, how easy! I'm always using pearls and lace! Here's what I came up with for the challenge this week!




This is a brand new stamp from Elphine House Australia called, "Carrie Swan Princess". How sweet and precious is she! I am never disappointed with Elisabeth Bell, her illustrations are so adorable and amazing! After I finished my card, I realized that swans are supposed to have orange beaks! Oh well, my swan is a little unique lol!

For supplies used:

Stamps:  Carrie Swan Princess (Elphine House Australia)
Paper: Dusty Durango (SU), Solar White (Neenah), The Mariposa Stack (DCWV)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Labels 20 (Spellbinders), lace (Jo-Anns), ribbon (Michaels), flower (Recollections), adhesive pearls & Nestibling (Want2Scrap), Diamond Stickles (Ranger), white gel pen, Prismacolor Pencil, mineral spirits.


Hope you can join us for the Pearls & Lace Challenge at EHA!

Blessings!

Kathy

   *************************************************************

Oops!  I forgot to include this in the Stampin Sisters in Christ's latest challenge #129, "Things with Wings"!  (My sticky note stuck for this stuck to a different project, lol!)  This is the Bible Verse with the challenge.

Psalm 91:4a "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge."

As I was reading this verse, I thought about feathers and how delicate they can be to the touch and yet how strong they are when being used to fly.  It reminds me of how gentle God can be with us giving us peace and refuge, and yet how strong He truly is.  What a blessing God is to me and I'm so thankful He is in my life!  Blessings!  Kathy

6 comments:

  1. WOWZERS girl!!! I think I would've ran out of pearls here!! Such a stunning design and colors!! You've done such an awesome job with this!! HUGS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card Kathy! Love the bright colors and the way you colored the illustration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card Kathy ;o)
    I love that label you used, is that one from Spellbinder? Great coloring sweetie ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kathy, I just love the Die Cut frame, Delightful creation, so nice to be on team with you
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your card on the link list for the challenge and just had to pop over for a better look. I'm so glad I did because your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *gasp* oh my goodness gracious Kathy, this is gorgeous!! LOVING all those beautiful pearls around your Nestie! And that image is a must-have :) Lovely card, it's definitely one of my faves this week!! Thanks so much for playing at Stampin' Sisters in Christ *Ü* Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!