Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, March 2, 2012

Mustang Faux Letterpress - FTTC158 Country Living

Happy Friday!

I decided to try out the "Faux Letterpress" Technique added to the Resource Section on Split Coast Stampers Wednesday.  The basic technique is to ink the embossing folder before embossing the paper.  I just started playing with it, and I love how it came out.




I used kraft paper and inked the EF with Night of Navy Stampin Up ink on the "background" side.  I didn't like the way it came out, so I took Saddle Brown (Staz-On) and ran it across the raised image of the paper and left some spots uninked.  Then I inked the edges of the mat with Amaretto (reddish-brown) and Midnight Confession (black) Inks (Powder Puffs).  It came out looking like a rustic tile.  I figured it would make a good base for a masculine card, so that's what it became!


I stamped the Mustang image (Serendipity) on to a tan color paper and and colored it with Prismacolor Pencils.  I sponged this with Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa (Momento) inks. For the sentiment, I created a little sign using the same paper and black ink, and sponged it with Amaretto and Midnight Confession Inks on the edges and attached it with black twine.

I'm entering this in the latest Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC158, for country living - farm theme.  It looks pretty country to me!

All ingredients used:

Stamps: Mustang (Serendipity), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Paper: Black (SU), kraft (DCWV Stack), "Tan" (?)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine), Night of Navy (SU), Saddle Brown (Staz-On), Rich Cocoa, Desert Sand (Momento), Amaretto, Midnight Confession (Powder Puffs).
Accessories: Labels 18 (Spellbinders), Paper Lace II EF (Cuttlebug), twine, black help cord (Darice), stud metal art (K&Co), trim (Jo-Ann's), mini brads (Recollections), modern label and word window punches (SU), Prismacolor Pencils, mineral spirits.

That's it for now!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings!

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Wow.on your blog, all your cards, and love your horse!! Wow!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card, Kathy!! It's gorgeous! Masterful idea to cover the blue with the rich chocolate! Great western style for a girl who lives in horse country! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this image...you colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...so well done and put together. You colored that horse to perfection. Thanks so much for playing at FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! My niece would go crazy for that card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!