Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1st ODBD Release Blog HOP






Welcome to the Our Daily Bread Designs June Release Blog Hop!  If you got here from Chris' Awesome Blog, you are in the right place.  If not, you might want to start at the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog and start from the beginning.  If you get lost along the way, simply return there where the entire Hop is listed with the links!

All the sticks in the bread basket have been having soooo much fun with all the fantastic new sets!!! If you have not had a chance to see the release, you can see it HERE.

Now, here are the Hop Details:


  • The Hop will run 8am EST June 1 until 8pm EST June 2. The winners will be announced on the ODBD Blog on June 3.
  • The prizes this month will be done a little differently! There will be three prizes of $20.00 Gift Certificates to the ODBD store for stamps, hidden on three different blogs along the hop. No one will know where they are! The winners will be randomly chosen from the COMMENTERS on these three blogs!
  • The GRAND PRIZE of the entire Bread Basket Bundle will be drawn from the comments left on the ODBD Blog post, from all who tell us they completed the hop and which set is their most favorite!

Here is what you have to do to be qualified to win one of these prizes:

  • Hop to each designer’s blog and leave a comment  
  • Return to the Our Daily Bread designs blog and leave a comment telling us that you completed the hop, making note if there were any you could not comment on.

For my card I used the new set "Bicyle".  I love this set!  The bicycle image totally reminds me of being on Cape Cod, especially being on the Islands of Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.  You see bicycles like this everywhere, where it's easier to get around than a car.  There's usually a basket like this on the front too!  The quote above the image is a separate stamp that's included in the set.  I love the way it fits with the image.  There's also 2 other awesome quotes in the set you can use, one from John F. Kennedy, the other from Abraham Lincoln..

Here's a picture of the whole set:



I colored my image (my favorite thing to do) with Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits.  I cut it out with Labels 8 Nestabilities and added flowers and ribbon and twine.


Now you need to Hop over to the super talented Lisa's Blog!


For all ingredients used:

Stamp: Bicycle (ODBD)
Paper: The Guy Stack (DCWV), Solar White (Neenah), Mocha Devine (Bazzills)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (SU), Adhesive Pearls (Want-2-Scrap), Flowers (Recollections), Moss Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Prismacolor Pencils, mineral spirits, Baker's Twine (Martha Stewart)

I'm also submitting this the the latest challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon #49 for a flowers and ribbon theme!

Thanks for stopping by!  Good luck with the Hop!!!

Blessings!

Kathy


92 comments:

  1. I am loving the Bicycle set more and more...beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy your card is just beautiful!!! Love the framing, the dp and the awesome color combo! That blue flower in the bow is the perfect touch!!!
    Thanks for joining us in this month's hop!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another post with a beautiful colouring job. I am in awe of you girls and your colouring talents. I also love the grass green background you used here. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors you have used are lovely, the fence and bike are colored to the 9's......love this stamp and what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. The colors you have chosen really work for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kathy!!! Your color choices and your coloring are just gorgeous!!!! Love this set and love your card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is colored and framed so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how the flower accents you have chosen pick up on the colors you used on the stamped images. Very nice. - Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing coloring job! I love colors and use of embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a simple and elegant card! The labels accent it beautifully! Love the bicycle and basket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Kathy!! I just love the colors and your coloring and design is stunning!! Love every detail!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great card!! Love how you colored the image. This stamp set makes such cheerful cards. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully made card and I really do like the bike image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very pretty card....love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! Fairly simple, yet very effective! I like the contrast in the whole design, and the flowers add the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, Kathy! Love the colors and dp you used. Your flower accents are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the blue/brown combo, Kathy! wonderful card to showcase this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is beautiful! I love this new release.

    ReplyDelete
  19. exceptional colouring! love your bicycle card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors of this bicycle card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your wonderful use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love what you have done with this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your design layout and choice of colors. a beautiful card....thanks for sharing....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. The more I see this bicycle the more I must have it. You have done it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty card, all of these bike cards are sending me a strong message to get out and enjoy the beauty captured in these cards while riding my bike! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card design and beautiful coloring. Very nice.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kathy, Kathy, Kathy!!! Girl, I am speechless over your perfect coloring and stunning design! It is a masterpiece to say the least! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card Kathy! Beautiful coloring!! Love the new release! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kathy!!!
    You did such a lovely job coloring this precious image from the ODBD June release stamp set!!! i really like the colors of paper in which you used, too:) Your card is multi-facted in the inspiration that it gives:) thank you for sharing and for allowing me to glean from you!!! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh this is just gorgeous, kathy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice card. Good job, Kathy. I like that bicycle stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your take on this beautiful stamp. You are all so original and think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kathy, this is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose....and that bicycle is wonderful! A must have for sure, lol....

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kathy, your coloring is fantastic here! I think one may be my favorite of this release -- of course this is my first stop on the hop (I subscribe to your blog). I love the sentiments as well as the image! Gotta see what the rest of DT has done with this release - so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Kathy this is truely AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a tremendously beautiful card. Like it all. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW! gorgeous coloring & card design!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is such a gorgeous card you've made with this set! Love the rich colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Kathy,
    Awesome card ~ love the colors y ou chose and the blue flowers do so much for it.
    Ann Robbins

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just love the bicycle stamps and the apple green paper and pretty flowers you used to showcase the image. What beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the details that you put into the flowers. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very nice and the love the colors and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great card. Like the bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW...awesome!!! You are so talented!!!! Love everything about the card....thank you for sharing!!
    massey1982@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow...love the green plaid background paired with those cornflower blue posies...and your coloring is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love this set of stamps and how you put them together..TFS

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such a pretty card. Love the coloring of your image. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The blue flower on the card makes my eye immediately go to the basket on the bike. This is my favorite stamp set this month and you have shown it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Kathy, your coloring is fantastic!! Who needs Copics when you are so talented with Prismacolor Pencils. Lovely card and the flower embellishments tie it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful job on the coloring of this stamp. It has so many possibilites. Can't wait to get it.
    Thanks loads,
    Candy Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  51. Kathy - Your card is gorgeous. Love the embellishments you put on it. Simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautifully done Kathy!! Stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful card. The more I see this bicycle stamp set, the more I am loving it. Your coloring is lovely.

    Margie F.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gorgeous card! Love the plaid paper set on the diagonal. It's really fun. And the colors are beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful card, I love the colors and flowers. Your coloring is beautiful too. Really fun card, just like riding a bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. How pretty! Fab coloring, wonderful mix of papers and flower embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Lovely card. This stamp set is really tweaking my interest. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful card!! love the colors you chose also!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Greetings!!
    Great card, I really like the colors that you used... and using Nestabilities, just makes the card that much better... great job!!
    Keep on Stamping for Him!
    Denise from Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a BEAUTIFUL card Kathy!! I think Kelley outdid herself with this beauty of a stamp set this month! I LOVE what you did, awesome colouring girl!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  62. Another great card. Your coloring of the bicycle scene is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  63. How wonderful! I love that this same stamp has produced so many different ideas and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Very pretty card, colors & coloring! I like the green & brown color combo and how you colored the flowers with blue!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Lovely card, great colours and the flowers are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  67. YEP! EVERYONE LOVES this set!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO PRETTY! AND SUMMERY!!!!!!!!!! LOVE your color choices & the BEAUTIFUL WAY you put this together!!!!!!!!!!! JUST LOVELY!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a cute card. Its perfect. I like the blue in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love the card. Like the colors.

    Holly Paulson

    ReplyDelete
  70. Cute stamps, went back to look at some of your other posts. Nice work,

    ReplyDelete
  71. So pretty and your coloring is great. The bicycle is my favorite stamp set and a "must have".

    ReplyDelete
  72. I love your card!! Beautifully colored and a great combination of patterned paper and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love this card and the bicycle stamp set as it is so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I have a spot on my wall and a frame waiting for this beautiful scene! Your colors are so rich and lifelike, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thank you for showing the stamp set with your card. Not only do I love everything about your card but by showing the stamp set you have provided me with exactly what I have been looking for for a card I've been having trouble with. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Beautiful card!! The ODBD stamped sentiment is so perfect for all of us. Life is growth. Without change we cannot grow. Let's all keep moving ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Absolutely a Cape Cod reminder. Lived in MA 35 years and thoroughly enjoyed the islands. These bikes where everywhere. Not so much in Delaware where we live now.
    Lovely image and card.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Love the simplistic, elegance of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  79. YOUR WORK IS AMAZING . THANKS FOR TEACHING US SO GET TECH. LOVE ALSO THAT YOU SHOW THE STAMP SET. THANKS TO OUR DAILY BREAD FOR ALL THE WORDS OF GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Kathy this card is beautiful!!! You did a great job on this card and I LOVE the colored image!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Lovely card. I love how the bicycle and the sentiment stamp so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  82. What a beautiful card, Kathy! I love the yellow bicycle and the colors you coordinated with it! Just gorgeous! Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  83. I am loving this stamp..and the colors you used are so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  84. What an awesome card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  86. This is soooo summery and sweet..thanks for joing us at RRR flower challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!