Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Monday, October 27, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #18 - Layer It!


Happy Monday!

This is my second creation as a guest designer for the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog this month!  This time the challenge is to Layer It!

Challenge #18 Layer It!
One good way to use your hoard is to use lots of it all at once! So, let's see those layers! We need to see at least THREE layers on your project! (Ink, paint, embossing, and mixed media products do count as layers!) Drag out all of that hoarded paper or those embossing folders that are in the back of the drawer. Use those stamps, dies, and punches! Show us the layers!

Here is my take on the challenge this week which includes lots of layers!




For the image, I used an old Stampin' Up set called Because I Care. This was stamped on Solar White card stock with Onyx Black Ink, then colored with pencils and mineral spirits.  I stamped the image a second time to color a few extra flowers that I then fussy cut to add add an extra layer to some of the flowers.  Before added the extra flowers, I cut it with Labels 18 Spellbinders Die.  I added this to a Night of Navy mat cut with Labels 18 die next size up.  The image was added to the mat with pop dots.

I made an a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base with Night of Navy.  I cut a white mat measuring 4 1/16" x 5 5/8" and embossed it with Framed Tulips Embossing Folder.  A piece of Olive Wrinkled Ribbon was wrapped around the mat, secured in the back and then the mat was glued to the base.

I added to image to the base with pop dots, then added Nestabling for Labels 18 by Want-2-Scrap to both the image and mat.  The flower centers were dotted with White Opal Liquid Pearls.  For the remaining embellishments, I added a 3 loop bow, a blue pre-made flower from Recollections and a little angel charm.  That's a lot of layers for sure!

Hope you can join in the challenge this week at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

I'm also submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #155 - Anything Goes.

Card recipe:

Stamp: Because I Care (SU)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 18, Olive Wrinkled Ribbon, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), flower (Recollections), Nestabling Labels 18 (Want2Scrap), White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Framed Tulips Embossing Folder (SU), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Blue Violet Lake, Imperial Violet, Violet Blue, Olive Green, Sage Green.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy






10 comments:

  1. soooo pretty and just love all the pearls!!!! congrats on being a GDT at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layering, and it has never occurred to me to give that hydrangea dimension like you did. I also like that tulip frame. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 155th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I’m praying for sweet sunshiny days and I’m sending happy hugs to all. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, stunning card for your GDT. beautiful image, colours and embellishments, the layout is amazing.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card. I love the depth and layering. The blue pops right off the paper! I just love your style! Thanks so much for being one of our spectacular guest DT for October at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you use colored pencils to achieve such wonderful coloring and this card is just another example of your talents! I love all your layers and pearls and that pretty ribbon! Thanks for being a welcomed guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring skills always leave me breathless, Kathleen! This is such a fabulous card...and I love the blues and greens you chose to work with. Pure poetry! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy! Those pearls are fabulous! I love the rich blue on your card and your coloring is incredible!
    Hugs,
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy...your card is so pretty. All of your little pearls, bows and sweet flowers give such a sweet, feminine quality to your card. You have done such a lovely job of using lots of layers here. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow that is just gorgeous, love these color, pretty dimension and lovely framing with the pearls and embossing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!