Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Sunday, January 13, 2013

CottageCutz - Sweet Flower Shop

Hi there!

I have another card to show you using my new CottageCutz Dies!  This time I'm using the adorable Flower Shop Die.


 



Isn't this cute?  I love this color combo with it!  I used white, pink, and a little bit of brown cardstock. I scored white cardstock for the shop base. I used pink, green, and brown inks to shade the edges of the pieces. I made the sidewalk using the awning piece with brown cardstock.  The "trees" in the background are just lace I placed upside down. The twine is a sample I recently got with an order from RRR which I love!

Here's a closeup of the shop...

 


Here's a picture of the Flower Shop Die...




Card Recipe:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Exact Pink Linen (Recollections), Truffle (Bazzills)
Ink: Sweet Blush (Palette), Green With Envy, Amaretto, Mocha Mama (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Flower Shop CottageCutz Die, word window punch, ribbon (Michaels & SU), twine (Really Reasonable Ribbon sample), adhesive pearls, lace, black marker

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #62 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #63 - New Toys + Ribbon - my new die!

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. waaaaaaw that card is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I love your card!
    Sylviane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is literally a "Sweet Flower Shop" and I just LOVE it. Thanks for sharing this in our challenge, Kathy. Your cards always make me SO happy and I'm always just SO grateful to have you share your darling creations with us. You never cease to amaze me with your art.
    Have a blessed Lord's Day!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this die is just too cute and I love your card! The pink, green and brown color combo is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    That is really a sweet card. It is apparent that you love what you do. I'm glad you have hidden those verses in your heart. Experiencing the peace of God is too wonderful for words.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    May the Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so cute! I just love it. It can be used for adults and kids. You are so creative Kathy and I love your work. Thank you for blessing us with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!