Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Monday, September 2, 2013

CottageCutz - Sunflowers & Country Crows


Happy Monday everyone!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

Today I have a fall card made using CottageCutz dies and stamps.  The dies I used are Pot of Sunflowers, Fancy Floral Butterfly Corner, Tea Time Doily and Fancy Floral Lace Border.  The stamps I used are Cottage Impressions' Country Crows.




I started with a side-step card for a base using a tutorial from Split Coast Stampers you can find here and Chance designer paper.  I cut the Fancy Floral Lace Border with white and sponged the edges a bit.  The "sun" is the Tea Time Doily cut with More Mustard that I trimmed down and inked a little.  The Pot of Sunflowers were cut with More Mustard for the pot, Mocha Devine for the dirt and flower centers and white for the leaves and flower petals that I colored with inks.  The green butterflies and flower were pieces cut with the Chance designer paper using the Fancy Floral Butterfly Corner that I trimmed and shaped. 

The Country Crows were stamped on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink and colored with pencils.  I then fussy cut them and popped them on the card, one on the front and the other on one of the "steps".  I also made a second sunflower and popped it on the second "step" in the background.  This is a fun card shape to give a scenery card a little depth.

Here are the dies and stamps I used.





 

 

 



I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #95 - Anything Goes
Split Coast Stampers' TLC445 - Revisit TCL133 Gamsol Magic with a twist

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy


 

5 comments:

  1. What a darling card! The crows are so adorable and look wonderful with the cheerful sunflowers. Thanks for sharing your cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling, Kathy!! Love your design, and the clever use of the cuts, plus your shading is incredible adding so much depth and texture! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so frisky Kathy, happy and lots of fun.
    Thank you for taking the time to post this beautiful artwork with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! So adorable! And so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee Super cute, great summer and fall card in one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!