Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Flourishes FTTC238 - Let It Shine

Happy Tuesday everyone!

It's time for a new Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes!  This week's challenge FTTC238 is:


 "Let It Shine" - Incorporate a light source in your card: a candle, lamp, lighthouse, the sun, or even a shiny element.---anything, as long as you "Let It Shine!".

For my card, I used the Christmas Candles Set!




(Click on photo for a closer view)



I love this beautiful Christmas set!  The image and sentiment were stamped on Solar White Cardstock and colored with pencils and mineral spirits.    I also stamped, colored, and fussy cut an extra little piece of berries and holly to put next to the sentiment.  Here's a little close up of the image:







This was then die cut with Decorative Labels 8 and sponged with Wheat Chalk Ink while still in the die.  I popped this on a double mat of burgundy and green cardstock with Moss Twill wraped around it.  This was then popped on a white cardbased made the Labels 23 Grand Dies.  I finished this off with some pearls, bow made with Moss Micro Gingham Ribbon and a button with floss threaded in it.

Be sure to visit the Flourishes' Designers to see their gorgeous creations for the challenge this week!
 
 
I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #97 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Card Recipe:

Stamp: Christmas Candles (Flourishes)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), white, green, burgundy (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Wheat (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Bow-Easy, Labels 23 Grand, Decorative Labels 8 (Spellbinders), Moss Twill, Moss Micro Gingham (Really Reasonable Ribbon), adhesive pearls (Recollections), sponge, button, white floss, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Mahogany Red, Black Raspberry, Black, Sand, Jasmine, Kelp Green, Marine Green, and Sage Green

8 comments:

  1. The second I'm finished with my comment here, I'm pinning this card! OMGoodness! It is glorious! The layout, beautiful die cut, and of course, your amazing coloring are breathtaking! And the extra little berries and holly you added finished it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Love your coloring on that pretty image. A great card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS card! WOW - I love this.

    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,
    This looks so real I can almost smell wax, cinnamon and cloves. The shadow on the holly you fussy cut really makes it more real.
    We love to see your artwork; thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday. Remember you can post up to FIVE projects this week ( even tho’ it’s nearly over).
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring and love your idea of using an extra holly to go with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card and I think I need to case this for the cards this year. This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, Kathy! I love your trio of candles!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coloring on your card is GORGEOUS! And with the pretty die and the lovely layout it is just perfect! TFS!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!