Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Heartfelt Creations - Christmas Song

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's time for some inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!  This week I have another Christmas card for you this time using the Christmas Song Set.






I love this scroll and poinsettia image, so pretty!  I colored it with pencils and mineral spirits and matted it with green and burgandy cardstock to highlight it.  I love using lots of white sometimes to really let the image stand out.  For this one, I just using a white card base embossed with a snowflake folder and added some burgandy seam binding.  Super simple card, but I love how it came out!

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see everyone's beautiful creations this week!  Also, if you're interested in designer for HC, there is a Design Team Call going on right now!  Now is your chance!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #96

Blessings!

Kathy



Christmas Song

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3556 – Christmas Song PreCut Set

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Whisper White (SU), green (Recollections), June Berry (Coredinations)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Bordeaux Wine Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy, Adhesive Pearls, Snowflakes #8 Embossing Folder (Sizzix), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Ginger Root, Sandbar Brown, Espresso, Dark Brown, Kelp Green, Marine Green, Mahogany Red, Black Raspberry, Black

Instructions:
Make 4-1/4” x 5-1/5” card base with Whisper White Cardstock and emboss front with folder.  Wrap ribbon around base.  Stamp image and sentiment on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink and color with pencils.  Trim image into a rectangle shape as shown and add green and June Berry mats measuring 3/16” larger than the image.  Glue together and add to card base with pop dots.  Add adhesive pearls and bow.


 

11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Kathy! That bow and the embossed background just set the stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! Love the coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. love the colors and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coloring skills! This is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS, Kathy. I love the snowflake textured background. I've never seen that plate before, but it's super cute. I saw on someone's blog the other day how many days til Christmas, and my jaw dropped. I'm NOT ever ready for it, and it always sneaks up on me.
    Well, thanks for sharing another wonderful card with us. It's such a blessing to have you link up your cards with us, and I can't thank you enough for it.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I like the sneak peeks you are showing also. hee hee Wonderful CAS design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!