Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Flourishes September Release & Timeless Tuesday Challenge



Happy Tuesday everyone!

This is my second week as a Guest Designer for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges AND today I'm lucky to also be part of their new release for September!!!

 
Holiday TopiariesWelcome to Day 2 of our fabulous September release week! Today both of our Friends of Flourishes Team and our Design Team will be showcasing a wonderful new stamp set created by our beloved artist Marcella Hawley. Marcella has packed this beautiful 4x6 stamp set called "Holiday Topiaries" with an array of beautiful holiday decorated greenery and 3 seasonal sentiments to match their holiday vibe. This sweet holiday stamp set will surely make an appearance on your homemade cards, handmade gifts, tags and more this
season! Don't forget... Mystery-Blogger-GraphicHidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances, so comment away!

DO YOU WANT TO WIN OUR ENTIRE RELEASE?

If you would like a chance at winning all five of our soon-to-be released September sets…
  • You can play in our Get in Shape Challenge – we will have multiple winners there! Deadline for entries is FRIDAY September 13th at 5 PM EST. Check out the link for the official rules!
  • All five of our September sets can be pre-ordered now, even before you see them all! Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all five sets together in a bundle. This discount will be available for only 1 week following the release.
  • All sets will be live first thing Friday morning along with the coordinating cut files for this release.
  • Come back to the Flourishes Blog Saturday for the Winner’s Circle where we’ll announce all of our winners of this weeks’ challenges!

Our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week is...

"Make a Good Impression" - Incorporate dry embossing somewhere on your card or project. It could be an embossing folder, stencils, or even a household item for your embossing....just make sure you "Make a Good Impression"! (FTTC237 
 
Here is my card for the challenge this week using this gorgeous new Christmas Set "Holiday Topiaries"!

 
 
http://flourishes.org/?cat=26

 
 
I stamped the tree image on Solar White Cardstock with Onyx Black Ink and colored it with pencils and mineral spirits.  I then fussy cut the image so I could pop it on the card base.  For my card base, I used the Lacy Squares Die and green cardstock placing the fold slightly under the top of the die.  I matted it with red cardstock and then white cardstock that is embossed with a snowflake embossing folder.
 
The sentiment I used is also from the set.  I stamped it in the same manner as the image and cut it with a circle punch.  I finished my card off with some narrow gingham ribbon, a bell and a button.
 
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy
 
 
Card recipe:
 
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), green, red (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Lacy Squares Die (Spellbinders), circle punch 1-1/2", corner rounder punch, Snowflakes #8 Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Bow-Easy, ribbon, twine, button, bell, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: French Greys, Kelp Green, Marine Green
 


37 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Kathy, this is an amazing card! Love your beautiful coloring on the image, and it looks fab with the deep Christmas colors of the cs and pretty plaid ribbon. It makes me think of Christmas in a cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! Love the new images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty. LOVE the scalloped edges and your coloring is perfect. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, such beautiful pencil colouring of the sweet image. Congratulations on your guest designer spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kathy! Love the way you coloured this great new image and your red gingham accent is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job showcasing this wonderful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, WELCOME to Flourishes this month! So cool to see you her :) !!! Your card is gorgeous...love the gingham ribbon and the sweet heart in the corner..it matches so well with this new image! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. Love that gingham ribbon! Now I want to dig out my pencils and try using them again. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gorgeous card, love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH good golly Kathy! That is one stunning card! I am in love with your gingham ribbon! The colouring of your topiary is stunning! Totally in love with your card this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card. It seems so personal. Love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY!GORGEOUS CARD!!!Your work is awesome,love following!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card...love the colors. The ribbon is beautiful and love how you wrapped the card and that gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful Kathy!! I love your coloring of the tree and your use of the gingham. Beautiful design dear friend. i hope all is well. I have been thinking of you. Miss you!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous, Kathy! I just LOVE the dry embossing and the wonderful stamp. I need to check out the new release. I absolutely LOVE Flourishes' stamps! Thanks for the chance to "Blog Hop". I don't do it often, but this is amazing! Thanks also for sharing in our challenge again this week. You are SUCH an incredible blessing to me, and I cannot thank you adequately for being SUCH a blessing.
    Big hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card! Congrats on guest designing this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing. This is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very very lovely!!!
    Your coloring is FABULOUS!!! And the embellishments make this a very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful Kathy. I love that beautiful deep embossed background and the ribbon and bow are gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet with the gingham ribbon the button.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card....love the embossing and the gorgeous ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. I love how you did the ribbon! Fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE your card! Wonderful coloring on the image! Love the gingham ribbon! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is so gorgeous!!!!!! I love it! Your layout is beautiful! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Quite lovely from textures, coloring and design! The heart is such a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for being our guest designer and sharing your talents for the month Kathy. You card is beautiful!
    Jan Marie
    Flourishes

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful card - love that image!

    Thanks for joining my 'Christmas Snow and Ice' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is just so Christmassy. It is lovely.
    Thank you for taking time to post this beautiful artwork with us at WAW.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the reds and greens! Pretty, pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kathy, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Your coloring is amazing! Love the pretty bow and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is gorgeous!!!! Love that loopy die as the base of your card and that ribbon/bow is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card, love the red gingham ribbon/bow and the red heart....makes the entire card just POP! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty cardmakers
    Vania

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card with gorgeous coloring! Love the added gingham... it adds the perfect touch with that image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!