Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gift Bag Tutorial

Hi there!

Here is the tutorial I did showing you how I made the gift bag for the Spellbinders Blog Hop using their Labels 23 Grand Die.





You can make this bag and decorate it for any occasion and it's pretty simple to put together!  I put together a little picture tutorial to show you how I did it...sorry I don't have a video camera...yet!

1. I started with the largest die from Labels 23 Grand Dies and cut it with Soft Suede Cardstock.





2. On the wrong side of the die cut, score edge to edge as follows: on the short side score down the outside scallop on each side, then on the long side score down either side of the center scallop.  Use picture as a guide.




3. On long side of die cut, cut score lines from outside to where the lines meet score lines from short side.




4. Score 2 corner flaps on one of the long sides 7/8" in from outside edge.




5. Turn die cut over and fold score lines, then snip off the outside corners of the 4 flaps (so they don't show when folded up)
.
 


6. Use Scor-tape to adhere folded flaps together.





7.Turn over to right side and add Scor-tape to the middle flaps.




8. Turn over and adhere to unfolded sides.  Add Scor-Tape to inside of folded sides.




9. Adhere to outside to complete bag.  The finished bag measures 3" x 1 3/4" and is 3" tall.




Here's a view of my project from above:



And a view of the back:


 
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and have fun making these!

Blessings!

Kathy

32 comments:

  1. Stunning!! Love the way you have made this Gift bag.. I would never have known how you had made it.. If you had not shown me.. Gorgeous Colors and the poinsetta is Stunning. Love the Details in the Flower.. I understand it is a stamp. after this blog hop.. It will soon be shipping my way!! I love it!.. Great Combination of colors.. Stunning Details.. and I love the shapes and dies you have used.. I love things with lots of work behind.. And I know how to appreciate it!.. Lots of love from Norway
    Hugs Solveig Ryeng

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the tut!

    kReN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love that bag
    So very cute
    Thank for showing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a really clever box!!! You are the first I've seen to make it from this die in this way!! Love it!
    Kim H - from Spellbinders

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so joyful in seeing your beautiful gift box...it's so beautiful and thank you so much for the tutorial.
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply adorable!!! I wish I had the dies to create this. More to add to my wish list. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well aren't you clever, that bag is adorable. And the reading from Philippians was exactly what I needed this morning - proves there are no 'accidents' in what we share. Thank you for sharing your talents and insights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the subtle color choice--and that extra special touch of the handle just makes it so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this bag and I do have the dies to be able to create one for myself, thank you for sharing your talents

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the Tutorial. cute bag. and wonderfully embellished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the instructions, Kathy! This is so amazing!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the excellent tutorial for the cute box/bag project. I think I have to have this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this great tutorial for the cute box. I think I need this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tutorial. It will really help in making the project. I love the poinsettia. It's coloring is so pretty. Great project. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tutorial ....Cute Bag

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful box and a great way to use the dies

    ReplyDelete
  19. It look my complicated--I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous. Love it. I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous. I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. MAY HAVE A GO AT THIS ONE YOU MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful tutorial and very clever! Such a beautiful gift idea! xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful bag. Love the way it was made. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful bag! Great tutorial. You make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow that is just Awesome, thanks for sharing the tutorial, such wonderful design and just Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved your tutorial and the way you made your bag. Very nicely designed.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an amazing gift bag. That poinsettia is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really found your tutorial useful, and very clever, makes you look at your dies differently. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't seem to find that die in the Grand size, I only have the regular Labels die, even on the website it does not list it, where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine came from Spellbinders, but they must have stopped selling it. I did a Google search and found it at Scrapbook.com here:

      http://store.scrapbook.com/pp-sr-lf347.html?t12-13=spellbinders

      Blessings!

      Kathy

      Delete
  31. Love the bag. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!